ADVERTISEMENT

Haynes King Improvement

KennyClay

Known Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2015
Mark mentioned earlier this week that King was something of a "gunslinger". I think that is proving to be an accurate description so far.

Being that type of player is not necessarily a bad thing. It implies that he is aggressive and not afraid to take chances. It also implies that he has a
short memory when mistakes are made and he does not become hesitant or timid. Nothing wrong with any of those qualities.

The critical aspect of this is does he learn from his mistakes and does he recognize the difference between being aggressive and being reckless.

We shall see. As Mark pointed out he has 5 TDs and 5 INTs in his two opening day starts. For my part I understand that even a great QB will miss a read from time
to time. What I want to see is Haynes King playing a game where he doesn't throw an interception or at least a game where an interception/ turnover is not the result of a poor decision on his part.

He will misfire and make a poor throw here and there but to be really effective he has got to learn to minimize/eliminate his turnovers. Being more consistent with his decision making hopefully comes with more experience and will go a long way to helping knock that INT number down.

You CAN practice good ball security and still play aggressive offensive football. Here's hoping like hell he grows into the QB/Leader we need him to be!

Gig em!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News