Fry Hired to Oversee Special Events at Texas A&M Athletics - press release

courtneyfaye

Staff
Apr 23, 2008
For Immediate Release

Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022

Fry Hired to Oversee Special Events at Texas A&M Athletics

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas –
Texas A&M Director of Athletics Ross Bjork announced the addition of respected special events and tourism manager Kindra Fry as Assistant Athletics Director for Special Event Services.

In the newly-created role, Fry is responsible for developing the strategy for securing and servicing a variety of third-party special events for Texas A&M Athletics, including concerts, career fairs, meetings, conferences, banquets, and sporting events and championships.

“Kindra has been the preeminent tourism and events expert in our community for nearly two decades,” Bjork said. “She has done a tremendous job of elevating Bryan-College Station as a destination for all kinds of events, and she brings high-level experience and expertise to lead our special events group. I’m confident that Kindra will continue to work with our community partners and her efforts will take our promotion and execution of special events within our athletics venues to a higher level.”

A familiar figure in Aggieland and the Brazos Valley for much of the past 20 years, Fry served in a variety of roles related to special events and tourism in the community since 2004.

“I feel truly blessed to be able to join the Texas A&M family in this role,” Fry said. “Providing excellent service and helping others create unforgettable memories is what I have always been about. This role allows me to continue to create positive and unique experiences using state-of-the-art facilities in ways that may not have been thought about before. I am honored to have the opportunity to continue to serve my community and this university in this capacity.”

Most recently, Fry established College Station as a prime location for sporting events, meetings and conferences while serving as Senior Manager forSports, Tourism and Events with the City of College Station. In the role, Fry oversaw all aspects of Visit College Station and Compete College Station, including staffing, budgeting, advisory committee relations and strategic planning.

Prior to joining the City of College Station, Fry held many roles with Experience Bryan College Station and Bryan College Station Sports + Events from 2004-2020. From 2017-20, she oversaw all aspects of Experience BCS, including staffing, budgeting, board relations and she supervised the sales team and marketing & communications team.

Fry began her career in 1999 as marketing manager of the National Association of International Athletics (NAIA) in Olathe, Kansas. Fry served as the assistant tournament director for men’s Division I basketball, football, soccer and golf and tournament director for women’s golf. She then served as manager of sports marketing and convention/tours for the Olathe Chamber of Commerce, the city’s convention and visitors bureau, before joining Experience Bryan College Station.

Fry earned a bachelor’s degree in sports business administration from the University of Tulsa and a master’s from Baker University in management. Fry became a Certified Sports Event Executive in 2008, earned her Sports Marketing Professional Certificate from the University of Kentucky in 2009, her Texas Destination Marketer Designation in 2012 and gained her Certified Destination Management Executive designation in 2020.

She is a Past Chair of the Sports Events and Tourism Association Board of Directors and she has been active with many special event and tourism organizations, including the Texas Association of Convention & Visitors Bureau, Destinations International, Leadership Texas, the Intergovernmental Committee for the Brazos Valley and the Arts Council of the Brazos Valley.

---aTm---

Reactions: hammer5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News