Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
For all your home, car, and life insurance needs, contact our sponsor:

Phone: 281-971-3362

Email:
paul@westhoustonsf.com

Ags largely healthy going into Starkville
A&M's injury report was pretty small last night, with QB Jaylen Henderson listed as doubtful and WR Terry Bussey upgraded to probable. OL Ar'maj Reed-Adams and TJ Shanahan are both off the list entirely. I don't think Shanahan will start at center tomorrow, but I do expect he will play a significant amount.

State, on the other hand, has some big names on defense on the list. Starting DT Kedrick Bingley-Jones is out and starting corner Brylan Lanier is listed as questionable. Lanier would be a big loss, as he's third on the team in tackles.

Gameplan for Saturday may be pretty simple
With Bingley-Jones out, Mississippi State's biggest interior lineman is gone. And this is a team that is giving up 5.1 yards a carry anyway. The Aggies are averaging 5.6 yards a rush, and Le'Veon Moss is averaging 6.9 yards a rush on his own. This could be a game where A&M lines up and goes right at State and until they stop them.
So...

Big flip could be imminent
I've been saying for a couple of weeks now that I thought Mesquite Horn 4-star OL Lamont Rogers was likely to flip from Missouri to A&M after the demolition at Kyle Field. There have been a few indicators today that the flip could be coming really soon, so that's something to keep an eye on.

Aggies to get a big 2026 commit today?
I'm trying to get tidbits done quickly because 3-star DT Trashawn Ruffin is announcing his commitment sometime this afternoon. The North Carolina standout is now up to 6-foot-4 and 320 pounds, and has a fantastic offer list that includes Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Florida, USC and Texas. But Landyn and I both have futurecasts in for him to pick A&M, so it looks like the Aggies are about to get their second 2026 commit in as many days.

Weigman back in 2025?
Before the season, it looked like Conner Weigman's last season at A&M would be 2024, one way or the other. He'd either have a great season and go pro, or he'd transfer somewhere else where he could find a system that would allow him to put up big numbers.
What nobody counted on was the AC joint sprain that cost him three games.
Right now, Weigman is still viewed as potential by NFL scouts, and while he's intriguing, the inability to stay healthy now hangs over him like an albatross. He would have to not only stay healthy, but put up huge numbers in the next six games for him to get in a position where it makes sense for him to declare for the draft.
To their credit, Marcel Reed, Miles O'Neill and Husan Longstreet have made no indication that they're looking to bolt with the possibility of Weigman returning next year looking increasingly likely. On the other hand, Jaylen Henderson may have to transfer in order to give himself a shot to play and position himself for a chance at the NFL.

Look to the portal for WR help
Now, I want you listen to this very closely. I do not have any indication that the following players are interested in transferring yet, or that they would pick A&M. But it's pretty evident that the Aggies are going to need to look to the portal for WR help next year, and there are several players that A&M had serious interest in and came in second for that could be looking for other opportunities.
First is USC's Zachariah Branch. The 5-star had some superstar moments last year, but this year only has 23 catches at a little over 10 yards a clip in Lincoln Riley's offense. This comment isn't speculation: he's being wasted out there. I was big on him three years ago and he'd be a guy I'd expect to come in and compete for an immediate starting spot.
Another player is former 5-star Micah Hudson up at Tech. Hudson only has six catches on the season for 85 yards. That is unexpected, to say the least.
Lastly is Colorado's Drelon Miller. The Silsbee product almost committed to A&M twice last year, but ended up going to Camp Prime. He has 12 catches on the season, but Shedeur Sanders has already thrown him under the bus for a pick six against Nebraska that was all Sanders' fault. That would probably not sit well with me.
So don't go spouting this anywhere else. But I wouldn't be shocked if any or all of these guys go portaling, and if they do, A&M would likely have real interest. The wideout portal tends to be one of the hottest every year, and this year shouldn't be any different.

Right now, A&M's returning receivers for 2025 could be Cyrus Allen, Noah Thomas, Micah Tease, Izaiah Williams, Terry Bussey, Ernest Campbell, Jake Bostick and Ashton Bethel-Roman, and I don't expect all of them will return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.