ADVERTISEMENT

ever gotten a legit death threat?

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
Yeah, it's Friday and I'm waiting on Tidbits, so it's time for a thread that's a little...different.

Yes, I am a journalist and yes, I have gotten them. Three I took seriously. First one the most.

1) From Yahweh Ben Yahweh and his cult. I was watching one of those old cable access channels one Sunday night in the town I was living in in 2004. and this woman comes on and starts talking about the messiah. I thought calling yourself Yahweh twice was...cheeky...so I looked him up. Then wrote a story about the local cable net selling air time to a messianic cult run by a murderer. The cable net promptly pulled his stuff and told his people why, and they decided the white devil had to die.

And then they got busy with whatever other shit they were doing. But there were some real nasty emails about me facing "judgment" for cutting off the word of the Messiah. Probably didn't help that I wrote back and told them the only Messiah I know got crucified for crimes He didn't commit, not served hard time for murders he did.

2) Someone who used to post on here. He was...nuts, and many of you will remember him. He threatened someone who's still on here, and I told him to stop. He refused. Banned him. He demanded to speak to my superior. I told him he was. This went on for several days until he said he'd make sure I paid for banning him and I'd never get to ban anyone again. At that point he was informed to go F himself and his emails were going to the cops.

3) An Alabama fan who didn't like a tweet I put out making fun of their fans and promised to hunt me down and shoot me in the parking lot of Bryant-Denny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News