ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Eve update (sponsored by JFQ Lending), updated at 10:45 p.m.

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
The Aggies are going for the top tomorrow. Not the #1 class for 2022, but the best of all time. Here's an update on where things stand right now:

I fully expect OL Kam Dewberry to sign with A&M tomorrow. That's been the thought since this weekend (and probably earlier), and Texas has run up the white flag on him.

CB Denver Harris is either picking A&M or he's delaying his signing (I mean, there's a really small chance of something else, but you get the idea). I have heard nothing to indicate that he's going to wait, so look for another 5-star to join the A&M ranks.

The best player in Pennsylvania, DE Enai White, will sign tomorrow afternoon and he's pretty much locked in on A&M.

DL Anthony Lucas will sign tomorrow afternoon as well, and it's an A&M-Alabama deal for him. I'm thinking he signs with the Aggies.

LB Jihaad Campbell will announce later in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure he's going to Alabama.

OL Kiyaunta Goodwin remains a mystery. I think he either stays with Kentucky or flips to Michigan State.

So that's that, right? Add those four guys and then wait on Harold Perkins and Jacoby Mathews in February, right?

Nope.

Here's where it gets weird.

The Aggies are nosing around the transfer portal at quarterbacks, which is one of several reasons Zach Calzada decided to leave. The name most commonly linked to the Aggies over the past couple of days has been former LSU starter Max Johnson. The more I hear, the more I think there's a real chance he commits to A&M. And, if he does, his brother Jake Johnson (the #1 tight end in the 2022 class) likely follows him. As it stands right now, Jake seems to suddenly be down to South Carolina and A&M. The Aggies already have a ton of tight ends, but this could be a very worthwhile package deal for A&M.

I've heard rumors there may be more activity in the portal than just Max Johnson, but the only name I've heard definitively is former Oregon WR Mycah Pittman (18 catches, 229 yards, 2 TD).

Signing times tomorrow (all times central):
Jake Johnson: 7 a.m.
Kiyuanta Goodwin: 7:15 a.m.
Denver Harris: 9:30 a.m.
Kam Dewberry: 3 p.m.
Anthony Lucas: 2:30 p.m.
JIhaad Campbell: 3:15 p.m.
Enai White: 4:30 p.m.

9 p.m. update:
I talked to one of my real good sources a little bit ago and he said the staff is burning up the phone lines (if they do that anymore) and working on several players -- including a few that have supposedly been off the radar for quite a while. The only one I know of for sure is Georgia CB commit Marquis Groves-Killebrew, which seems like a longshot. But they're also REALLY going after Kiyaunta Goodwin tonight, hoping to get him on board. Right now, the feeling is that he's leaning to Michigan State, but A&M still has a legitimate shot.

10:05 update:
Goodwin has eliminated A&M. The flip is likely Groves-Killebrew.

10:45 update:
We may have a trade. It looks like A&M is going to sign Marquis Groves-Killebrew and Smoke Bouie could flip back to UGA. Georgia seems more optimistic about Bouie flipping while A&M is working to get him to stick around.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News