ADVERTISEMENT

Dating hypothetical.....

Which path?

• Do you do the FWB even though it may or may not ruin the chances for more later

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Do you reject the FWB hoping her feelings deep down may open back up wanting more again

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters

KSig44

Sep 21, 2001
I am so going to regret this I fear but I need some direction in this. Could say this is a friend of mine going through this but we know that is code for a personal issue.....

So I dated this gal after my wife passed away. Too soon and I should have taken the time off but if I would have done that I wouldn't have met this gal (Timing). She and I get along fantastic. I have never been a believer in women being a best friend, I never really considered my wife as such. With this gal I have become a believer in it. We argue over nothing except politics and even that has lessened. So when we dated I ended it because I just wasn't in my right mind when my wife passed and I needed time. she knew it to but I didn't handle it right (she understands and holds no animosity over it). I re-connected with her about a month ago and I want to build a relationship with her now that I am clearer in the head. Issue is she says she is living a single lifestyle (she has had bad experiences with men so there is trust and hurt issues leading to this). Not dating anyone and focusing on her and her kids. She has stated in her truer moments about a FWB relationship, she mentioned it and it took no prompting from me. I know there are still feelings deep down and I have been very forward with my feelings with her. The path if I truly feel she is the one is to ride the friend wave and prove to her I am not like the others and am in it for the long haul and hope she comes around. I know, I have become the chick in this. I'll get ridden for this on here but it's OK. When you know this is the one you just know and I have thought a long time on all of this. I have been a wreck for the past month with this, if she was dating someone when I showed back up it would have been easier because I know I could win her back. This is a whole other animal.

Which brings me to the poll question (and I'll take any actual advise in the comments below)......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News