ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas County back under mask mandate

Mental illness does not discriminate.
So. To reiterate: having a penis doesn’t make one male. If you have a Johnson and wear a skirt, I should pay for your sex-reassignment surgery (gender-reassignment is an inaccurate term, by your definition) should you want to go cock-and-ball-free.

At the same time, if I have been responsible with my health and maintained it carefully, survived the dreaded beer disease with three days of mild discomfort, to make you feel safe, I should get a vaccine for which no one bears legal liability should I develop side effects and wear a mask which did not in any way prevent me from getting COVID to begin with.

We know the left discounts biology, but ethics and logic are apparently negotiable as well. It’s all “feelings.” And never the feeling of accountability.

You pee sitting down unless you stand up when you shit
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people.
Sex is only male and female. Gender is the defined characteristics of each of those sexes.

Any deviation or confusion around any of that is because said individual is fvcked in the head.

Wear a mask and get vaccinated or get arrested!
Let these people sit in jail and think about what country they are living in!
The science is settled!
Now that was simple…lmao

Humble ISD response.

Today, Harris County issued an order related to masks and other COVID-19 related directives.

The Harris County Order conflicts with the Governor’s order, which states that no person may be required by any jurisdiction to wear, or to mandate the wearing, of a face covering, and that public schools may operate under guidance issued by the Texas Education Agency.

Because the orders conflict, Humble ISD will continue with its current COVID protocols. Face masks remain optional in Humble ISD.

Humble ISD has ensured we are in compliance with TEA and Governor’s guidance. COVID protocols in the district include: providing a virtual learning option even though the state is not funding Average Daily Attendance; keeping COVID-positive individuals and anyone with symptoms off campuses until re-entry criteria has been met; clean air technology; enhanced cleaning including fogging; outdoor eat, play and learn spaces; publishing a COVID-19 Dashboard, elementary class notifications; and sharing testing and vaccination opportunities.

Humble ISD hopes to offer students a great school year that includes in person classes, extracurricular activities, and parents welcome back on campuses to volunteer and attend events.

Very happy to be in an ISD with some common sense that actually is following the science.

the narrative thqt we should be willibg to sacrifice people with preexisting conditions is really weird.
No. Of course not. We should sacrifice people WITHOUT pre-existing conditions. If they get ****ed up by a vaccine, it’s their fault. We know the government and the drug companies won’t give a ****.

There is no such thing as personal responsibility in liberal world.

The cocksuckers blame guns for crime, the rich for poverty, achievers for the failures of others….it’s probably McDonald’s fault that so many Americans have the pre-existing conditions to begin with, right?

it’s some kind of inverted world in which the less you do the more you deserve.

On a brighter note. This give me ample reason to not have to go to Dallas for awhile. Wife drags me up there to see friends too much as is

I am a resident of Dallas county. I just drove 20+ minutes to Collin county for breakfast. I apologize to my 2 usual breakfast places in Dallas, but I’m not doing it. Went to a fine place on Parker called Eddie’s Diner. Good good, no F’n masks. Highly recommend for anyone close by.

I am a resident of Dallas county. I just drove 20+ minutes to Collin county for breakfast. I apologize to my 2 usual breakfast places in Dallas, but I’m not doing it. Went to a fine place on Parker called Eddie’s Diner. Good good, no F’n masks. Highly recommend for anyone close by.
20 minute drive vs a minute in a mask to walk to your table? Seems like you made a sound choice

20 minute drive vs a minute in a mask to walk to your table? Seems like you made a sound choice
Well, you may not know this but there’s things that gnaw at a man worse than …driving 20 minutes for breakfast.

Reactions: texasguyto
This former Biden advisor is more right than folks want to admit.

IMO, it's quite apparent, given all the data with mask compliance and case rate, that cloth masks just don't work, and paper masks are worse.

We know COVID pre-delta can survive in aerosol droplets as small as 8 microns a while. That cloth mask you wear, the smallest hole is 80 microns, if fitted tight. The "surgical" masks have giant holes on the sides, nose, and bottom, so when you talk, breathe, or sneeze, it shoots out all those sides, the mask doesn't magically absorb it. The surgical ones act like an open fire hydrant and cloth masks simply further aerosol it. For cloth masks, it's like taking a hose to a chain-link fence claiming the water isn't getting to the other side.

I believe the mandates are just to make people think they are doing something, that the government is doing something. Just a safety blanket. Nothing more.

But let's say they do work, then masking vaccinated people makes zero sense. Aside from the J&J, the vaccines only protect against one spike protein. This is why the head if the CDC in Feb-April was fighting the administration asking vaccinated to still mask, she went on CNN complaining about it, saying not just you are taking away the carrot, but you are stopping vaccinated people from developing full immunity to COVID via exposure. This way we see what we are seeing now, but to a lesser degree, vaccinated people by a large proportion (99.9%) either being asymptomatic or have mild symptoms for 1-2 days. Very few breakthrough cases. Breakthrough meaning severe not any case. They get antibodies for the four main spike proteins and develop a strong t-cell response.

Masking vaccinated people (if you believe it works) makes the vaccine ineffective as the first mutation against that one protein is going to go nuts and be a repeat of Fall/Winter 2020 as nobody would be immune to it. The CDC knew this, but the months idiots kept saying vaccinated still had to wear masks would do nothing but prolong the epidemic.

So in the end, even if you believe masks work, they are counterproductive to the end goal here, getting this to an endemic disease.

Reactions: clayber
We are all sick of COVID and want it to go away.

We don't have a ton of options on how to try to accomplish it.

We can pretend it doesn't exist or it doesn't really kill people or cause horrible side effects and just go back to normal.
We can trust luck to get us through by gaining natural immunity through infection.
We can wear masks indoors with crowds.
We can get vaccinated.

Take your pick(s).

It’s like no one has ever studied how evolution or virology works.

if we develop a vaccine that is effective against a particular strain, another will become the dominant strain because the previous strain doesn’t have a sufficient number of hosts in which to multiply. It’s not at all complicated.

Your options at that point are: 1. develop a vaccine against another strain (for which we know there will be side effects, and zero legal liability for those who develop them) and live with the side effects. 2. Live with the new strain and accept partial immunity.
3. Lock down the entire world again and live with the economic and psychological fallout and hope the new strain dies out (it won’t; that’s not how biology works).

the nature of pandemics past strongly suggests that the mutated strains will be less deadly. The reasons for that are also simple: the first wave killed a lot of people who were not biologically adapted to withstand this new threat. The virus itself is less lethal (we’ve seen both of these with the delta variant). More sickness, less death

The left lives in a strange world in which the government is supposedly all about science, but they don’t understand the evolutionary biology that underpins their own worldview.
Another option, one heretofore unconsidered, is that we can seek to improve our immune systems’ ability to fight off the weakened though more common virus.

that would require us to quit eating an extra 2000 calories a day, though. Get some exercise and some sun. Eat something green that doesn’t involve weird flavors of Doritos.

Instead, we did the opposite. We sat on our asses during the lockdowns, ate like shit and got fatter, exacerbating “underlying conditions.”

Obesity is an unalienable human right, apparently.

IIRC, the J&J is a traditional vaccine, with the weakened virus. I'm not familiar enough with the Jansen to make a comment on it.

The J&J vaccine uses a replication-deficient adenovirus (virus can enter host cells/nuclei to deliver the payload but cannot hijack cellular machinery to make lots of copies of itself) as the delivery system.
The payload is double-stranded DNA that encodes the COVID spike protein. That payload is delivered to the host cell nucleus (the DNA does not integrate into the host cell genome) where it is transcribed into mRNA then translated to protein in the cytoplasm and ultimately presented to the immune system as foreign so a specific immune response can be at the ready if that antigen (the spike protein) is seen again.

The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) use a mix of lipids (like a cell membrane or micelle) to surround a payload of mRNA that encodes the same spike protein. This delivery system is capable of entering host cells and going into the cytoplasm where the mRNA is translated into spike protein to elicit the same immune response described above.

The inherent instability of mRNA means that it is degraded very soon after it is translated into protein in a cell.
The DNA of the J&J vaccine will last a little longer but will ultimately be degraded as well.
Neither of these are capable of changing your genome (DNA).

I skipped quite a bit of stuff, especially with the immune system, but that kind of gives an overview of the components and MOA of each.
If you want to know more about the components of each you can look at the FDA EUA documents linked below.

J&J (Go to section 13)
https://www.janssenlabels.com/emerg...n/Janssen+COVID-19+Vaccine-HCP-fact-sheet.pdf

Pfizer (Section 13 again)
https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

Moderna (again)
https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/eua-fact-sheet-providers.pdf

Schmak, you probably already know all of this. I am just hoping to shed some context for others in case they were wondering what was in each of these vaccines.

The J&J vaccine uses a replication-deficient adenovirus (virus can enter host cells/nuclei to deliver the payload but cannot hijack cellular machinery to make lots of copies of itself) as the delivery system.
The payload is double-stranded DNA that encodes the COVID spike protein. That payload is delivered to the host cell nucleus (the DNA does not integrate into the host cell genome) where it is transcribed into mRNA then translated to protein in the cytoplasm and ultimately presented to the immune system as foreign so a specific immune response can be at the ready if that antigen (the spike protein) is seen again.

The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) use a mix of lipids (like a cell membrane or micelle) to surround a payload of mRNA that encodes the same spike protein. This delivery system is capable of entering host cells and going into the cytoplasm where the mRNA is translated into spike protein to elicit the same immune response described above.

The inherent instability of mRNA means that it is degraded very soon after it is translated into protein in a cell.
The DNA of the J&J vaccine will last a little longer but will ultimately be degraded as well.
Neither of these are capable of changing your genome (DNA).

I skipped quite a bit of stuff, especially with the immune system, but that kind of gives an overview of the components and MOA of each.
If you want to know more about the components of each you can look at the FDA EUA documents linked below.

J&J (Go to section 13)
https://www.janssenlabels.com/emerg...n/Janssen+COVID-19+Vaccine-HCP-fact-sheet.pdf

Pfizer (Section 13 again)
https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

Moderna (again)
https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/eua-fact-sheet-providers.pdf

Schmak, you probably already know all of this. I am just hoping to shed some context for others in case they were wondering what was in each of these vaccines.

Heh, thanks Someone posted a great Ted talk explaining the mRNA design earlier, sent it to all my family. It was a great ELI5 that I hope will provide context for some of the more hesitant ones. I had thought the J&J was the traditional ones, interesting its still similar but uses a different mechanism, the DNA should be more stable than the RNA, and could provide more directions in it, does it just have one of the spike proteins or more?

That "gene therapy" argument is one that frustrates me a bit since it can vary on your definition of gene therapy. If it's simply using DNA or RNA to produce proteins then yes, but if your definition is re-writing your own DNA it's patently false. It goes back to good old high school biology and learning how viruses work, and that's all the vaccines do.
Your cells are dumb machines. You give them code they compile it. a bunch of RNA floating around, it's going to process it. It's why viruses are successful and also why they don't change your DNA. The RNA never gets that deep in the cell.

It's also what is the coolest part of all of it IMO. You could inject any kind of RNA. Diabetic? Well, inject some RNA so your cells start producing insulin on their own. For my family, with CHEK2, can have your cells start producing the missing proteins causing it to ignore cancer cells. Heck, you can probably even directly inject a tumor cluster with some known "bad" protein-generating mRNA and force your body to kill cancer naturally. No chemo, no surgery, nothing more than a fever/cold.

We are all sick of COVID and want it to go away.

We don't have a ton of options on how to try to accomplish it.

We can pretend it doesn't exist or it doesn't really kill people or cause horrible side effects and just go back to normal.
We can trust luck to get us through by gaining natural immunity through infection.
We can wear masks indoors with crowds.
We can get vaccinated.

Take your pick(s).
All are valid options. Just don't pick for me.

SCOTUS refusing to hear IU students request today. I’m guessing many more vaccine requirements will be coming

Wearing a mask to walk to your table is like peeing in one corner of your pool.
You’re safe as long you wear a mask while you’re standing. As soon as you sit down the mask isn’t needed.

I refuse to be lectured by people of that political persuasion about “science” as long as that’s their official position.

I’d suggest some people are not sick of COVID at all.
Fear is a wonderful organizing tactic for would-be tyrants.
Not just tyrants. A lot of folks are happy with lockdowns and don’t want to go back to normal. Not just introverts. They will pretend to be mad at folks not vaccinating but at the same time are vaccinated and wear a mask and face shield in their car alone.

When the World Economic Forum says “you’ll own nothing and be happy” they are referring to these folks.

Shot:

And Chaser:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT