ADVERTISEMENT

Costco - My mistake

TAMU-83

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2001
Banana Junction, Tx
So, there is not a Costco within a hundred miles of my house or business. Mrs. TAMU-83, however, has been dying to check one out for some time. We went up to Dallas this weekend to do some looking around and visit the Bush Museum and there happened to be a Costco a few blocks from our hotel. She somehow convinced me that the business could use (or actually just afford) a $60 membership to allow her to roam the aisles. "Just to see if a membership would be worth it." Seemed reasonable enough to me until we got inside and I realized I had made a huge mistake.

First, the $60 became $120, because I needed the premium membership to get extra discounts and was guaranteed to get the extra $60 back anyway at the end of the first year. Then, once we hit the aisles, I realized this really is a step up from Sam's and that my financial contributions were just beginning. By the time we walked out I'm in the game for another $720 and I know she has her eyes on at least 10 times that in future trips, not to mention there was quite a bit I'm interested in myself. Didn't have an ice chest with us so we didn't even get any meat or cold food goods.

Driving home I'm wondering how and when we'll justify another trip, when I realize that both my daughters (and all my grandkids) live within reasonable distances from Costcos. Bottom line is, this looks like the gift that keeps on giving, because I know who will be paying for everything when Nan makes a trip to Costco while visting.

Normally I'm not such a sucker, but I blame it on too much wine in the hotel room last night. Now I'm sitting here staring at this Costco card like a 2 I went home with at 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News