ADVERTISEMENT

Censorship and Social Media

All you need to know was the media, including social media, was going to crush any information that would support Trump‘s positions in an election year. The virus was the Democrats’ ticket to the White House and every aspect of the virus story was framed to do that. They were all in the tank, the truth be damned.

This is why I got off of social media. I had no problem with them making money on me being on their site. When they started blocking my post and censoring information I left .

Rusty hit a big chunk of it, but what I find more disturbing is the fact that Asian media outlets had been reporting the Wuhan leak as fact since the beginning. I have friends that went home to Vietnam and made it back before the big lock-downs started and they were telling me what was being reported over there versus here. I'm not sure why our media can't look at what's being reported in other media sources from other countries (that know the Chinese way better than we do) and do some fact based reporting. Hopefully some journalist takes this opportunity to get to the bottom of the systematic failure and cover-up by government bureaucracy and the media. It could really catapult some good journalists to being the "go-to" journalists for the truth. The problem is, they're so indoctrinated that they would rather cover-up for political purposes.

Reactions: darterbury
Rusty hit a big chunk of it, but what I find more disturbing is the fact that Asian media outlets had been reporting the Wuhan leak as fact since the beginning. I have friends that went home to Vietnam and made it back before the big lock-downs started and they were telling me what was being reported over there versus here. I'm not sure why our media can't look at what's being reported in other media sources from other countries (that know the Chinese way better than we do) and do some fact based reporting. Hopefully some journalist takes this opportunity to get to the bottom of the systematic failure and cover-up by government bureaucracy and the media. It could really catapult some good journalists to being the "go-to" journalists for the truth. The problem is, they're so indoctrinated that they would rather cover-up for political purposes.
the scariest part? Educated (?) people here on AY not only taking what main stream media was reporting as fact, but having the audacity to accuse others that saw through the bullshit of being “conspiracy theorists”.

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free

Most media is now just mass left leaning manipulation. Fox was the only one I saw reporting on the possible lab leak. They were proven right, again. That must make something like 100 stories in the last couple of years were the mass media was proven to report flat false info, and Fox got it right.

All you need to know was the media, including social media, was going to crush any information that would support Trump‘s positions in an election year. The virus was the Democrats’ ticket to the White House and every aspect of the virus story was framed to do that. They were all in the tank, the truth be damned.

It's always been this simple. Well-stated.

As far as wet markets, there is an open-air night market on Wangfungji street in the heart of Beijing I have personally been to. I don't know if it is a "wet market" but the stuff being bought and consumed was pretty unreal. I'm sure nobody will get sick from eating these things.

An example:

DSC02655.jpg

the scariest part? Educated (?) people here on AY not only taking what main stream media was reporting as fact, but having the audacity to accuse others that saw through the bullshit of being “conspiracy theorists”.
You just took an article about Facebook and made it into one about mainstream media to fit your narrative. Was that seeing through the words printed again or more something someone who believes in conspiracy theories would do?

Last edited:
You just took an article about Facebook and made it into one about mainstream media to fit your narrative. Was that seeing through the words printed again or more something someone who believes in conspiracy theories would do?
I am specifically referring to AY posters calling other AY posters out as conspiracy theorists for believing that COVID-19 came from a Wuhan lab.

These same AY posters who think covid came from a wet market only believed that narrative because it was the one being pushed by pieces of shit like your NYT friend.

Senior Trumpadministration officials have pushed American spy agencies to hunt for evidence to support an unsubstantiated theory that a government laboratory in Wuhan, China, was the origin of the coronavirus outbreak, according to current and former American officials.

scientists who have studied the genetics of the coronavirus say that the overwhelming probability is that it leapt from animal to human in a nonlaboratory setting

The Chinese government has vigorously denied that the virus leaked from a lab while pushing disinformation on its origins, including suggesting that the American military created it.
The Chinese government has vigorously denied that the virus leaked from a lab while pushing disinformation on its origins, including suggesting that the American military created it.

Any American intelligence report blaming a Chinese institution and officials for the outbreak could significantly harm relations with China for years to come.

In a statement released earlier on Thursday, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said that the intelligence community “will continue to rigorously examine emerging information and intelligence to determine whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

Intelligence agencies, the statement said, concur “with the wide scientific consensus that the Covid-19 virus was not man-made or genetically modified.”

Point me to the incorrect portions of that article. Were the quotes not accurate? Was that part saying the Chinese government is pushing misinformation false?

Point me to the incorrect portions of that article. Were the quotes not accurate? Was that part saying the Chinese government is pushing misinformation false?
How about line #1?

Senior Trumpadministration officials have pushed American spy agencies to hunt for evidence to support an unsubstantiated theory that a government laboratory in Wuhan, China, was the origin of the coronavirus outbreak, according to current and former American officials.

this was not unsubstantiated at the time. The entire point of this article is to convince the reader that trump is trying to use “spies” find a source of covid that never existed.

the intelligence community “will continue to rigorously examine emerging information and intelligence to determine whether the outbreak began through contact with infected animals or if it was the result of an accident at a laboratory in Wuhan.”

Intelligence agencies, the statement said, concur “with the wide scientific consensus that the Covid-19 virus was not man-made or genetically modified.”

US intelligence didn’t “rigorously” look for (or at least report) shit. Recent FOIA requests have told us more about what fauci knew than what US intelligence led us to believe at the time.

This article summarized:

“Trump is using spies to find a way to incorrectly pin covid on these chinese govt, which would hurt their feelings. Covid happened naturally and was not genetically modified.”

Last edited:
You’re reaching. Reading what you want to believe into a story.

I mean, you’re actually saying a Trump appointee lied when you claim the office of director of national intelligence’s statement was false.

So to support your conspiracy theory that all media is aligned specifically against you personally, you are claiming a trump appointee lied about its efforts to determine the origins of the virus all to support The NY Times article.

Nothing at all conspiracy theory about that...

You’re reaching. Reading what you want to believe into a story.

I mean, you’re actually saying a Trump appointee lied when you claim the office of director of national intelligence’s statement was false.
I don’t know who appointed this person. I do know that at least one high level govt official was told by smart people from the beginning that covid was at least suspected of being engineered.

So to support your conspiracy theory that all media is aligned specifically against you personally,
this was made up by you, exclusively

you are claiming a trump appointee lied about its efforts to determine the origins of the virus all to support The NY Times article.
And this is just an outright lie.

But don’t take my word for it that social and mainstream news media have done a huge disservice to this country with their irresponsible reporting

If it turns out that the Covid pandemic was caused by a leak from a lab in Wuhan, China, it will rank among the greatest scientific scandals in history: dangerous research, possibly involving ethically dubious techniques that make viruses more dangerous, carried out in a poorly safeguarded facility, thuggishly covered up by a regime more interested in propaganda than human life, catastrophic for the entire world.

But this possible scandal, which is as yet unproved, obscures an actual scandal, which remains to be digested.
I mean the long refusal by too many media gatekeepers (social as well as mainstream) to take the lab-leak theory seriously. The reasons for this — rank partisanship and credulous reporting — and the methods by which it was enforced — censorship and vilification — are reminders that sometimes the most destructive enemies of science can be those who claim to speak in its name.

The common reaction in elite liberal circles? A Washington Post reporter called it a “fringe theory” that “has been repeatedly disputed by experts.” The Atlantic Council accused Cottonof abetting an “infodemic” by “pushing debunked claim that the novel coronavirus may have been created in a Wuhan lab.” A writer for Vox said it was a “dangerous conspiracy theory” being advanced by conservatives “known to regularly spew nonsense (and bash China).

There are many more such examples. But the overall shape of the media narrative was clear.

Reactions: darterbury and wick
You realize you cited a New York Times article in your effort to say the New York Times is... what? Corrupt? Doesn’t publish the exact article in its business decisions you would prefer?

Aren’t you all about freedom of businesses to do whatever they want free from any regulation? Or does that only apply to the oil industry?

You realize you cited a New York Times article in your effort to say the New York Times is... what? Corrupt? Doesn’t publish the exact article in its business decisions you would prefer?

Aren’t you all about freedom of businesses to do whatever they want free from any regulation? Or does that only apply to the oil industry?
i cited a new york times opinion piece discussing how horribly main stream news and social media have fvcked up coverage of covid so that you wouldn't have to take my word for it.

and how ironic that you're trying to bust my balls about (i assume?) the media needing to be regulated (a claim i never made) when social and news media have declared themselves the arbiters of truth and done everything in their power to censor information contrary to their political objectives.

Reactions: darterbury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT