ADVERTISEMENT

Can a Person With Down Syndrome

Montgomery County Ag

Gold Member
Sep 16, 2009
Say the word retarded or call someone a retard? I don't think they can. It's not right.

I ask because yesterday I was going to HEB to go shopping and I pulled in the parking lot and had to take a shit. So I go in and do that. I take a shit. There are 2 stalls to shit in, the handicap and the regular one that's right next to the urinal.

So I choose the handicap stall because it has more room and it's not awkward when someone is pissing right by me. So I'm in there doing my thing reading AY for my political catching up and someone walks in the bathroom. They come to my stall door and are trying to open it. They jiggle it once. Then a second time more aggressively. I'm like shit dude get the hint I'm in here go to the empty stall. Well this person leaves the restroom which I think is odd must have a shy shitting problem.

So I finish up, wash my hands, walk out the door and there is this like 5'4" down syndrom dude. Not a kid but older. And he says to me "Thanks for taking the handicap stall you fvckin retard" and walks past me all pissed off. It totally caught me off guard. So I walk away and I'm just trying to have my brain catch up to what was just said to me.

1.) how does this guy not know that the regular stall was occupied when I got in there and had NO choice but to go to the handicap stall?

2.) there was an open stall for him to use. Handicap stalls are for people in wheelchairs not mentally handicap. He should have shit in the open one.

3.) He has down syndrome.....he can't say retard or call me a retard that's just not OK.

I thought about trying to go find him and give a piece of mind and explain these items to him but decided to say a prayer and calm down and just let it be. What do y'all think should he be allowed to call me a retard?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News