ADVERTISEMENT

Buying Land in Texas to build house on.

charles3ct

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2006
Okay you Aggie Land moguls out there.

After a way too long hiatus, I am looking at moving back to Texas, I currently have a 5500 Sq Ft house in Connecticut that I am about to put on the market here. It might. take a while to sell as it is a big place and although I am looking to down size, the one thing I will demand in a new house would be a kitchen equal to what I have today but in a much smaller house. Therefore, after a little searching online, I am thinking about building exactly what I want to have as such a thing does not exist. So I am looking for some land - Nothing huge perhaps 2-10 Acre range to build on.

Area?
Well other than to say. NOT in any of the cities I am pretty open to most areas that are East of I-35 and North of the Houston Metro Area and not in a floodplain.

Just starting this process although has been in my mind for a few years now.

Seen a few developments in a few areas - But I am not really a. country club guy (been there done that and my shoulder says no more golf) if there is a golf club on the property that is OK but not a selling point to me. Some developments promise the world with AI generated homes and pools - but who know when you are 2000 miles away. I prefer few restrictions, but, I really don't want neighbors in a mobile home but also don't want some HOA whore tell me I can't put up a barn on the property either. I also can't spend 2 years driving around the state to find just the right spot.

My budget depends on the opportunity that is out there. but would like to keep it as low as possible and save money for the build but location is important and yes I understand the better the location the higher the price will be. I am hoping to secure the land before my house sells so that I have the lot all ready to roll when I pull the trigger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.