ADVERTISEMENT

Build your perfect hot dog

Higher Authority

Gold Member
I love hot dogs. Don't you? Man, I think hot dogs are so American and delicious.

What do you put on your hot dog when you make one? I think it might be easier for me to list the stuff I don't like on a dog.

First of all, I'm a mustard guy. Anti-ketchup on hot dogs. Putting ketchup on a hot dog is weird communist bullshit. But, I'm good with just about any kind of mustard from yellow French's mustard to stone ground or even honey mustard. Hell, I'd even put hot chinese mustard on a hot dog.

Relish? You bet.
Onion? Raw or grilled, gimme gimme.
Saurkraut? All day long, baby.
Horseradish? Don't mind if I do.
Pickle? Sure, that's Chicago style, why not?
Sport pepper? I don't know what those are, but they are spicy and a nice treat. Let's go.
I don't mind chili or cheese, but they get messy so I usually omit.

One of my favorite dogs of all time was at Wild About Harry's back maybe 25 years ago or so. Polish kielbasa on a poppyseed bun with thousand islands dressing and lots of saurkraut.

Oscar Meyer has these out right now, and I keep them at the house for a midnight dog run just in case I need some extra incentive to have another beer.

HU2TF.png

20 seconds in the microwave, then another ten in the bun makes a damn nice little treat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News