ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Woodward doing what he does.

Sorry I couldn't provide you the attention you needed sooner. Had to help my kids with virtual school.
As far as I know Biden wasn't receiving the same information/updates that Trump was at the time that these earliest Woodward tapes were made.
He wasn't the President. Still isn't.
Fair or not Trump will shoulder the responsibility of his inaction no matter how many times he says otherwise.
I would have had Trump tell the truth instead of making it sound like no big deal. That is unrealistic to expect though. My bad.
This report kinda puts "China lied to us about the severity of the disease" into context.
The context was that it was BS.
Well it kind of wasn’t the big deal that it was made out to be. The country already overreacted and continues to overreact to the virus.
We panicked way too much and the last thing we needed was the POTUS panicking in public.

Sorry I couldn't provide you the attention you needed sooner. Had to help my kids with virtual school.
As far as I know Biden wasn't receiving the same information/updates that Trump was at the time that these earliest Woodward tapes were made.
He wasn't the President. Still isn't.
Fair or not Trump will shoulder the responsibility of his inaction no matter how many times he says otherwise.
I would have had Trump tell the truth instead of making it sound like no big deal. That is unrealistic to expect though. My bad.
This report kinda puts "China lied to us about the severity of the disease" into context.
The context was that it was BS.
Ok, so your one complaint is that Trump should have made it sound like a bigger deal. Got it. That would have really changed the whole trajectory of this thing.

Three take aways.

1) Woodward claims that Mattis was a deep swamper considering and maybe participating in the impeachment coup. Why did they never remove Vindman when they knew he was the whistle blower? Was the military cooperating with the CIA and a Chief of staff to remove a president?

2) The left is trying to paint the picture that only non mask wearing republicans spread the virus. The reality is after NY, the young demographic was responsible for the vase majority of Covid cases and that demographic is weighted to democrats. I suppose none of these college outbreaks are amongst young democrats? The Virus does not care what party you are in.

3) This is supported by the crap story about 260 K Covid cases being related to Sturgis but when you actually read the articles, all of it was based on a projection made by economists using cell phone data to model potential exposures. And even that study admitted it was a "worst case scenario" but the press ignored that. Geez, what could be wrong with that? Economists, cell phone data, modelling?

How about using actual Covid test results.... The press leaped on it and said 260 K had caught Covid from Sturgis. Actual counts that can be traced to Sturgis so far appear to be less than 300 range based on survey's of state health departments.

Big difference from 260 K to a few hundred. But don't let that get in the way of a headline.

Three take aways.

1) Woodward claims that Mattis was a deep swamper considering and maybe participating in the impeachment coup. Why did they never remove Vindman when they knew he was the whistle blower? Was the military cooperating with the CIA and a Chief of staff to remove a president?

2) The left is trying to paint the picture that only non mask wearing republicans spread the virus. The reality is after NY, the young demographic was responsible for the vase majority of Covid cases and that demographic is weighted to democrats. I suppose none of these college outbreaks are amongst young democrats? The Virus does not care what party you are in.

3) This is supported by the crap story about 260 K Covid cases being related to Sturgis but when you actually read the articles, all of it was based on a projection made by economists using cell phone data to model potential exposures. And even that study admitted it was a "worst case scenario" but the press ignored that. Geez, what could be wrong with that? Economists, cell phone data, modelling?

How about using actual Covid test results.... The press leaped on it and said 260 K had caught Covid from Sturgis. Actual counts that can be traced to Sturgis so far appear to be less than 300 range based on survey's of state health departments.

Big difference from 260 K to a few hundred. But don't let that get in the way of a headline.
I'm going to make a bold prediction: no one will refute anything you've typed with any evidence. You may get a talking point or two, but nothing in the way of hard evidence or science.

Bob Woodward is all you have to know. So Trump was first to act while Democrats were telling everyone to go to Chinatown and that the bam from China and Europe was xenophobic and he was over reacting.
Fact is that he has done a great job with the military and by vets and that can’t stand so we get what we get the phony story about comments about the service men and women. His response to COVID has been great so now they want to play Monday morning QB with Bob Woodward and the medIa in chorus.
These people should be embarrassed but they have no shame. This will make me send Trump more money tonight. It won’t be the last thing they come up with either. Fact is that Obama, Biden and the media got trump elected last time. Hillary was gonna lose no matter who they put in there. These idiots think we are dumb enough to forget that we are still voting against them and have not forgotten
Why do you guys keep saying how much the military loves Trump. It's just not accurate.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: no one will refute anything you've typed with any evidence. You may get a talking point or two, but nothing in the way of hard evidence or science.

Point #1 is simply a series of questions that (I would guess) none of us have access to the answers via "hard evidence" or "science".

Points #2 and #3 are either using imagery (trying to paint a picture...link?) or simply a person's issue with the boogeyman in his closet (the media, economists, data, and models). The media didn't include that 260K was a worst case scenario. Noted.

Your bold prediction wasn't really bold at all. It was simple-minded.

Why do you guys keep saying how much the military loves Trump. It's just not accurate.

And just like most polls that was extremely weighted. The poll was conducted mostly of career military members and not the rank and file.
Reminds me of all these election polls that dems are over sampled in.

Point #1 is simply a series of questions that (I would guess) none of us have access to the answers via "hard evidence" or "science".

Points #2 and #3 are either using imagery (trying to paint a picture...link?) or simply a person's issue with the boogeyman in his closet (the media, economists, data, and models). The media didn't include that 260K was a worst case scenario. Noted.

Your bold prediction wasn't really bold at all. It was simple-minded.
How so?

I’ve never seen a media and party get together and cry that a leader didn’t freak everyone out and not be a voice of reason. Lord Fauci says he never heard trump say anything that was out of bounds on the conversations he was having with the scientist and experts.
you know they’re in trouble when the best they have is that Trump didn’t sufficiently freak out a population that already overreacted to this damn thing. The problem is there are a ton of people who are truly scared of catching this virus so they’re easily manipulated and it’s sick

The left tells you don’t trust your lying eyes.
A lot of people are waking up but I fear it’s not going to be enough.
If you control the media you control everything.
There’s so many people like me who until this year just never paid much attention. So those people just believe the narrative.
Sure hope you're wrong, but I fear....

Reactions: texasguyto
Trump ordered the flights from China stopped and Biden wanted them to continue. Following Biden would have killed many more people.

Trump ordered the flights from China stopped and Biden wanted them to continue. Following Biden would have killed many more people.

Biden started getting Intel briefings sometime around July 1st. Again, he is not President yet. Neither is Bob Woodward.

This hangs on Trump's neck. He is the leader whether he likes it or not.

what hangs on his neck?

My apologies. I was relying on context clues. The topic of this thread has been the national response (or failure thereof) to the COVID pandemic.
The good things and bad things about that are his responsibility. Even if he doesn't take any personal responsibility.

what hangs on his neck?

My apologies. I was relying on context clues. The topic of this thread has been the national response (or failure thereof) to the COVID pandemic.
The good things and bad things about that are his responsibility. Even if he doesn't take any personal responsibility.

what hangs on his neck?

If Obama was in office we wouldn’t hear anything about the virus until October. They had their pandemic and ignored it. You really want me to believe that trump did a poor job when I saw with my own eyes how good he did. Thank god trump was in office or we would have had hundreds of thousands more both infected and dead.

If Obama was in office we wouldn’t hear anything about the virus until October. They had their pandemic and ignored it. You really want me to believe that trump did a poor job when I saw with my own eyes how good he did. Thank god trump was in office or we would have had hundreds of thousands more both infected and dead.
There are many people who actually still believe the virus could have been stopped somehow. Amazing how many mindless sheep we have in this country.

I distinctly remember the initial estimates were between 1 million and 2.5 million DEATHS if no mitigation was taken. So, based on that estimate the pandemic response has been remarkable. But then again the ‘Orange man bad’ response to everything is what we get. Really sick of them.

I distinctly remember the initial estimates were between 1 million and 2.5 million DEATHS if no mitigation was taken. So, based on that estimate the pandemic response has been remarkable. But then again the ‘Orange man bad’ response to everything is what we get. Really sick of them.
I can't watch the main stream news anymore. I get stomach sick and SMH. Because it isn't news... it's propaganda by spin or omission to report honestly. I don't need anybody to tell me what to think. I've been there when the bullets were flying. No fear of a frozen can of coke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT