ADVERTISEMENT

Bed Time Story #1

MichaelWard2022

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2022
I went to work for a construction supply company in Jacksonville, Florida after I finished college.
I was lucky enough with another employee to have purchased the company a few years later.

My partner asked if he could promote his nephew to store manager within a few weeks of us taking ownership to which I agreed.
His nephew (Mike) had a bad temper but was a great manager and for the most part I liked how he handled things.

Mike was dating a young girl (Bonnie) and they got married a few years later and had a son (Aaron) Fast forward a few years and Mike calls in one morning and says he and Bonnie had a fight last night and she left in her car and he hasn't seen her since but Aaron is with him. Shortly after that call the police get involved and they tell us they think Mike has done something to his wife but they can't find any blood or any sign of a struggle at their house or in any of their vehicles. Aaron is too small to tell the police much but the police child psychologist believes he knows something.

Because Bonnie was never seen again and with no dead body the police were at a standstill and it was a cold case....that is...until Aaron reached legal age. Once Aaron reached age he sued his dad in civil court where you don't have to have near the evidence as you do in a criminal trial. Aaron won his case against his dad and in doing so was awarded the title to the home he lived in from the time he was born until a few weeks after his mom went missing. Because the court had taken Aaron away from his dad and put him in child protection he was only in that house for a short time after his mom went missing.

Aaron decided one day he wanted to work in the backyard of his newly awarded house and in doing so he found a coconut in a black contractor bag while he was digging under a pad for a outdoor shower. On closer examination he realized it wasn't a coconut...it was a human skull....and it turned out to be his mom's. All of those years of looking for his mom and her body was buried in her own back yard the whole time.

Mike went to trial and was found guilty and was sentenced to life without parole.

I'm not sure why I put this on here tonight but it felt good to do so.....I've never really talked about it and maybe I needed too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News