ADVERTISEMENT

Astro Talk - 1st qtr

ag4life80

Nov 25, 2007
Thought since we just passed the season's first quarter, and this board is stagnant, I'd throw this out there:

How 'bout those Astros? Who'd have thought at this point they would have had the best record in all of baseball after 40 games? It's been a lot of fun to follow.
What to do at first base:
I know Carter was this bad last year at this time, but, come on. This guy HAS to be better than a buck sixty with a whole lot of non competitive at bats. I track Fresno and Corpus stats pretty regularly, and Singleton is comng around. His K ratio has really dropped recently with his power surge. The time is sooner rather than later to make a change. It's not like it will create a power shortage on the team.
Correa:
Hitting .318 with 2 HRs after 10 games in AAA. I think Luhnhow is just playing the contract game and will call him up in early June. Maybe then the Astros will get the national buzz they deserve.
Appel:
Never liked this pick, and after 2 quality starts to start the season in AA, he's now back to getting rocked. ERA is at 6.03 after his last ass kicking. I just can't see a high ceiling to him. McCullers is more than making up for his fail, thankfully. The starting pitching at AAA is awful so far, also.
This year's draft:
I don't know. The Vandy shortstop I like alot, but that's hardly a need. I don't think you can go wrong going pitching with the top 2 picks. Unless there is a big league ready catcher, because Castro is making his one All Star year look like a fluke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News