ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Miss Playing These Guys?

Scout59

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2010
Ran across this article on SB Nation this morning - Tech fans dreaming about playing A&M - failure on many fronts - 1. Not sure Tech will be a .500 team, 2. Guy doesn't even know Sumlin's name....

Texas Tech is down by 2 on the 20-yard line with 1 second remaining on the clock. Texas A&M Aggies coach, Mike Sumlin, calls his final timeout hoping to ice the Red Raider kicker. After the TV broadcast shows both teams' coaches and the crowd's' faces for the duration of the timeout, the teams line up. The long snapper hikes the ball to the kick holder, who plants the ball on the ground, just as the kicker begins going through his kicking motion. The kick is up AND… IT'S… GOOD!!! RED RAIDERS WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Kliff Kingsbury is hoisted up on the shoulders of his players and being carried to the trophy stage to collect the first national championship trophy in Texas Tech football history, and then my iPhone alarm blares the Indiana Jones theme waking me up for another day on planet Earth. Ok, so granted my dream scenario is a far-fetched matchup for the College Football Playoff Championship Game, but wouldn't it be awesome if Tech could kick a game winning field goal in the final second of the game to vanquish the Aggies and win their first national title? Just in case that scenario comes into play, I want to make sure you are up to date with our 2015 special teams squad. This is your 2015 special teams preview!

SB Nation Article

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.