ADVERTISEMENT

Am I a Rangers fan? Attempted murder? That and more lies within...

Beer Donkey

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2013
Traveled to London on business last week. Fantastic trip. Went to the Tate Modern, National Gallery, and Tower of London. Wife tagged along and did her best to spend all our money while I was working.

We looked for some tickets early in the week for a local football match to take in. Settled on Queens Park Rangers vs Luton Town on Friday night. These teams are in The Championship, the level below English Premier League.

Got off the tube in West London and could hear the crowds chanting walking to the stadium. One from the Luton side was

We're Luton boys We're on a bender
Elton John is a sex offender

Gotta say, it was a damn intense scene. Mardi Gras level security from the police was in force. Probably had 20 mounted police I saw, with hundreds more police present. All in riot gear.

We got held up about 20 min before the game by a line of riot police. Not sure why. Finally make it in, buy some beers, and get rejected by the usher. Did you know you can buy beer in stadium, but not drink at your seat? Apparently beer can be weaponized.

Seats were tiny and uncomfortable, you are in contact with the four fans on all sides of you. But the game was fantastic! We are, QPR!

My favorite in game chant was

Da da da da da, Luton is a shithole

QPR won, 2 - 0. We missed the first goal since we arrived late, but the second was a smashing header!

Post game, got held up by another line of riot police for ~30 minutes. They are serious about keeping us upstanding QPR fans segregated from the Luton trash.

Lots of bravado and taunting by both sides across the police line. Many shouts of

Wanker

You Fat Bastard

And some new taunting chants were

Where's your caravan

And my personal fave

On your big day out 2 nil, on your big day out 2 nil.

Yes, I am now a Rangers fan.

I had mostly thought the taunting, shouting, and bravado was harmless and humorous. Then I saw this article post game.

Attempted murder at QPR vs Luton game

Overall, this was an experience I would risk my life to have again.

Go Rangers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News