ADVERTISEMENT

A&M Big 3 Sports...Magical Year Coming???

Chile Pequin

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Corsicana, TX
Just sitting here in the office reading the board and going over The Big 3 Sports at A&M.

Football:

Most of us get on the Kool-Aid around July. I know I am guilty of it. Still, I look at the A&M Football Roster and just get all warm and fuzzy inside. We have A LOT of returning talent but the key thing is A LOT OF RETURNING TALENT WITH EXPERIENCE. Then you add in a coaching staff that I have a lot more confidence in...and maybe that's just because it's not Jimbo and his staff...which I had lost all confidence. I actually have hope that this group of position coaches will be a major upgrade in the development of the talent. We shall see. Win against ND early in the season could really get things rolling. I'm excited.

Basketball:

We already know Buzz's style of coaching and his track record of success. What has me excited is I "THINK" this is probably going to be his most talented roster with experience since he arrived at A&M. Plus I believe it is more balanced in terms of talent/depth/experience at each position. Again, I'm excited.

Baseball:

What more needs to be said? Locked down a few players we hope decide to return. Hold on to stud transfer Henseler. Landing an experienced catcher should Appel not return and this roster could actually be MORE talented than the one that was one run or a couple of outs away from the national championship.

I know, I know...Kool-Aid is flowing. Still, I'm 60 years old, been following Aggie Sports since 1973 and ready for that magical year to happen. Kool-Aid aside, I believe this could be the year that The Big 3 hit on all cylinders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News