ADVERTISEMENT

3 quick things

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
a new thing we’re trying. Quick little video to check out. Three subjects a day.

Transcript:

Mark Passwaters with three quick things (two sports topics and one not sports topic):

Point One:

First today I want to talk about the Rivals250 which came out yesterday. Texas A&M had 11 dive in it. Which, I believe is the most that they’ve ever had. This is easily the best recruiting class A&M has ever had. I think that it is the most complete recruiting class that A&M has ever had.

One big difference between Jimbo Fisher and Kevin Sumlin is the way that they have approached recruiting. Sumlin had a very all or nothing approach; he would go all in on certain players, and if that did not work out he had real issues. Fisher on the other hand is more, how should we put it, around. He goes after more players; he goes after them longer; he puts more effort into things. I think his whole entire staff does. I think that Fisher, even though it’s his first year in the SEC, understands the game and this conference better than Sumlin ever did. You take a look at the guys that are in this class, that are in the 250– you have two safeties, you have a linebacker, you have a couple wide receivers, you have some offensive lineman, you have some defensive lineman. All of these are critical, but the most important thing to look at is the amount of depth they are developing on the lines— especially on the defense. Two years ago they did not have enough bodies really at defensive end. Now it’s become an absolute strength. They had a problem at corner. They addressed that with Eric Young and Elijah Blades. They may get more. I think that one area they could have done better is at linebacker, but it’s still not bad especially when you look at Andre White being in the 250.

Fisher gets the physical nature of the SEC. I don’t think Sumlin ever did. I think Sumlin was trying to play Big 12 football in the SEC. His pride or his ego would not let him change that approach. It just did not work. That is one area where Fisher has been better.

Point Two:

What is A&M going to do with their last three spots?

I think it’s going to go back to what we were just talking about— depth on the line. You’ve got Braedon Mowry, and he’s got his grades set. He is going to get in. That is one spot. I think they are going after Javonne Shepherd— they are going after him pretty seriously. We will have to wait and see how that one turns out. It is either A&M or Texas. If A&M can get him, they will probably take him. It is an interesting scenario, because Shepherd is all around. He is an incredible talent, his footwork is extremely good—for a big guy, his size, we are talking 325-pounds... If you can get him, and you have Kenyon Green, you probably have your book-end tackles for the next four years.

Point No. 3:

I’m already wearing a Captain America shirt...let’s talk Avengers endgame. I don’t think everybody is going to survive, what a shock. As a matter of fact I think the guy whose shirt I’m wearing is going to die. Chris Evans said he does not want to be captain America anymore; they probably don’t want to pay him, so I think he’s going to go. That’s unfortunate, because he’s my favorite character. I mean I like Spiderman more in the comics, but Captain America is a really good guy. In the movie Evans plays him well, even though I don’t I agree with him at all politically...

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News