ADVERTISEMENT

3 quick things: Tuesday (transcript added)

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
Ok, there you go.

Three Quick Things Tuesday, February 5, 2019 - One day until National Signing Day

Point Number One:

NSD is not what it used to be with most of A&M’s class already signed — but it’s still a big deal. There are three spots to fill. I just posted a piece about the scenarios that I think will play out or could play out. I think the one that will play out is pretty obvious— defensive end Braedon Mowry, athlete Ainias Smith, and we feel very strongly that it’s going to be linebacker Chris Russell. That’s a pretty good scenario for A&M. That means they would have five linebacker signees; a couple guys that look like they could come in and played very quickly in Russell, Andre White and Keshun Brown. You have two guys that have very good upside in Orebo and Tarian Lee. I think that if you take a look at where they needed to fill needs, they largely did that. I wish that Josh Ellison would get in as well if they could figure out a way to work that one more power to them. Those are three guys that folks should be pretty confident with. If you had any questions about where Russell is going to go whether it’s going to be A&M or Arkansas — Here’s just one thing: Chad Morris is going to hold his press conference at 2:00 pm tomorrow, and Jimbo Fisher is holding his at 4:30 pm. Chris Russell announces at 4:00 pm.

Point Number Two:

People wanted to hear yesterday about Zach Evans the five-star running back from North Shore — did not show up this weekend. Some people got on his brothers case; he cussed out some A&M fans on Twitter— all is not lost if you were worried. I do think A&M is going to have to work very hard to get Evans, that’s obvious because he is the Number two player in the country, and he is at North Shore. I think there are people close to him that would like to see him go to Texas. Personally I think he would rather play in the SEC; not necessarily A&M, but they are certainly in the competition. They are going to have to work it very hard; they are going to have to be on him constantly. I would definitely have parallel options going at running back just in case something doesn’t go right. If you have to cut bait, do it.

Point Number Three:

Excuse me if I get on a rant here...Let’s talk about Art Briles interviewing at the University of Southern Mississippi... Art Briles should be in prison. He should not be interviewing for an offensive coordinator job. The idea that there are USM alumni that are fans and very much in favor it,
Disgust me. My wife went to USM, my in-laws all went to USM they are just as revolted as I am thankfully. What in the world would motivate someone to want to hire a bum like this guy. You have 52 different incidences of rape with 32 players involved...come on this outrageous. You can’t be hiring someone like that. Are you really going to sit there and try to give me the ignorance excuse? Not at all. They guy is slime. He is scum. I dont care if he runs a good offense. Have some morality. Have some decency. I know this is college football, but that is just outrageous.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News