ADVERTISEMENT

3 games in, predict W/L?

Beast1125

Known Member
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2008
Plano, TX
Any changes to your original W/L predictions to start the season?

I had 9-3 prior to the season. I based that off Jimbo being at least 1 win better than Sumlin with a bit more difficult schedule.

Remaining games:

@Alabama - L - Not much to say here. Could be the best team ever. I think A&M keeps it respectable for this first half, but Alabama takes control in the second half and wins by 14-21 points.
@Arkansas - W - Arkansas looks dysfunctional and just got blown out by UNT.
Kentucky - W - This game got a lot harder since the start of the season, but I expect a home win here.
@South Carolina - W - Game will be close into the 4th quarter, but A&M wins by 10.
@Mississippi St. - 50/50 - No idea how this one will go. Big game for Jimbo.
@Auburn - 50/50 - Two pretty similar teams in Auburn and A&M with good D lines, rushing attacks, and decent QB play. Homefield advantage has not played a role in this SEC dual yet. Jimbo has coaching advantage. I think A&M steals this one late, but leaving it 50/50 for now.
Ole Miss - W - No defense for Ole Miss. Jimbo will run it down there throats. I expect a comfortable A&M win here.
UAB - W
LSU - 50/50 - Leaning toward a loss here.

Absolute floor: 7-5
I think Jimbo wins 2/3 of the games that are 50/50 and gets to 9-3. In conclusion, nothing I have seen at this point leads me to change my preseason prediction of 9-3.

All SEC games are huge for Jimbo, but to me, the road tilt against MSU is one of his biggest remaining games for him this season. Two pretty evenly matched SECW teams with new coaches looking to move the program status upward. MSU trying to not to skip a beat after losing Mullen to Florida and A&M trying to improve over the Sumlin era. Will be a big game for Jimbo and to me will be the deciding factor game between an 8-4 and 9-3 regular season.

Reactions: pebbycree
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News