ADVERTISEMENT

10 Things for Tuesday, sponsored by JFQ Lending

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
Welcome to 10 Things for Tuesday, sponsored by JFQ Lending! This week, we’ll take a deep dive into the latest edition of the Rivals 250, which was released this morning.

1. Aggie commit Jayvon Thomas jumped up an amazing 101 points in the latest edition of the 250. With fellow corner commit Bravion Rogers at 42nd overall, A&M has already assembled a nasty corner haul for this class and they’re probably going to improve on it.
  2. I think Rogers is low, and could make a run once the season begins. Nick Harris agrees with me and thinks he’s a potential 5-star. As the list expands after the season gets underway, he could make that move. He reminds me of Chris Marshall in that people know he’s good, but not how good. In this case, though, Rogers is at lot closer to the top of the rankings.
  3. Another A&M commit, Colton Thomasson, jumped up 87 spots. I suggested A&M offer him after the Rivals camp in Dallas last year, and was told he was a little bit on the heavy side and they had concerns about his foot speed. They offered him a little bit later and got an immediate commitment, but he has done an amazing job addressing that concern. He’s lost 75 pounds and is now a much more athletic – and mobile – tackle. He could end up being very good.
  4. The Aggies could go on a spree in the middle of the current 5-stars. TJ Shanahan, Anthony Hill and David Hicks are currently 10, 11 and 12 overall, and I have futurecasts in for Hill and Hicks to A&M. Shanahan is increasingly becoming an A&M-Georgia battle.
  5. A&M’s haul at corner this year has the potential to match what they landed at defensive end this year – which is to say epic. The Aggies are very good position with Javien Toviano (19th), Tony Mitchell (36th) and Malik Muhammad (68th).
  6. I’ve been hearing a lot of positive vibes about A&M and WR Hykeem Williams, who conveniently jumped 20 spots and to 5-star status. He’s pretty spectacular.
  7. The Aggies had OL Chase Bisontis and Miles McVay in on their first round of official visits. Bisontis came in at 47th overall, while McVay is at 102.
  8. Pittsburgh, Calif. QB Jaden Rashada has established himself as A&M’s top target at quarterback, and he jumped 33 spots to 30th overall. That would make him a 5-star in 2022.
  9. RB Jeremiayh Love, who officialed last weekend, not only entered the 250, he did so with a bang. He’s now 49th in the nation after formerly being a 3-star. Looks like A&M’s recruiters were ahead of the curve on this one.
  10. The ever-elusive Reuben Owens jumped up to 20th overall and is definitely positioned to be a 5-star in the next set of rankings. Where he’s leaning is anyone’s guess. It seems like A&M is feeling better about their position, but now he’s supposedly interested in Louisville. This one will likely come down to the wire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News