ADVERTISEMENT

Who are we rooting for/against today?!

I just can't root for the Swamp Kitties. Hate'em. Since I grew up in central Illinois, I loathe ScUM and O$U both. It's hard. I don't really want to see any result that will help O$U get in, but I would love to see ScUM lose, as the zebras cheated Illinois out of a win against them (AGAIN!). As for Purple Baylor, both my daughters attended there. One didn't have the greatest experience so I can't feel guilty about rooting for KSU, right?! Clemson-North Carolina?! I don't really care for Dabo all that much and I honestly can't tell you why (Liked when he beat Bama, though). That said, I can't stand anything UNC so I'll go with Clemson in the "I don't care bowl."
Reactions: wick

Possible Portal Target

Maybe some depth in the QB room.

Ralph Rucker, who ascended to the backup QB spot for OU in the Alamo Bowl in 2021, announced Friday he’ll enter the transfer portal with three years of eligibility.

Rucker made the announcement on Twitter.

“I was born a 4th generation Sooner and haver been a fan my whole life,” Rucker posted. “When I received a call from coach Lincoln Riley and he offered me a position on this football team, it was an absolute dream come true.”

Rucker, from Lovejoy High School in Lucas, TX, was one of four finalists for the prestigious Tom Landry Award as the top high school football player in North Texas after his senior year in 2020.

Rucker passed for 3,423 yards and 47 touchdowns as a senior with just three interceptions. The 6-foot-, 195-pound Rucker also rushed for 1,044 yards and 12 TDs.

He was a preferred walk-on at OU, and was the Sooners’ third-team QB behind Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williams for most of the 2021 season. After Rattler transferred to South Carolina, Rucker was Williams’ backup during last year’s Alamo Bowl victory over Oregon.

Men's Basketball doubleheader Tonight 6 pm in Fort Worth Dickies Arena or ESPNU

Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas

The Battleground 2k22 event slate will present intriguing matchups:

6:00 p.m. – Texas A&M Aggies (SEC) vs. Boise State Broncos (MWC)

8:30 p.m.Houston Cougars (AAC) vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels (WCC).

UofH ranked #1 in nation

Login to view embedded media
Login to view embedded media

Looking back on the 2022 Season and to the Future

Needless to say this season was beyond disappointing. I believe most of us thought we could win 9-10 games and to be honest had we not had all the injuries (Foster being the biggest) we probably would have won 7 or 8 games, that still would have been very disappointing.

Losing AJ, Devon, Richardson, possibly Smith and a few others will be very tough to overcome but we've got a ton of talent coming back.

What really gives me hope and what makes 2022 a blessing in disguise is the fact that Jimbo's offense got exposed to the point that change is coming.

Another blessing in disguise is the fact that a ton of young talent got needed experience, none bigger than Weigman. I thought from the beginning of the season that he should play because I never thought this was the year we'd contend.

I hate saying any injuries are a good thing because they aren't but Weigman likely would not have played much had Max and King not been injured. Knowing Jimbo he probably would have rolled with Max as the starter next year had he not gone down. Max probably could lead this team to a bunch of wins but no where near as many as Conner.

The LSU game sets a good tone and patch not only to hold this team together but it give it something to build on going forward.

I'm a glass half full guy when it comes to Aggie football but I really believe this team has the pieces to win and contend starting next year if Jimbo can get out of his own way.

I'd like to think that I'd have learned my lessen by now not to get sucked into to the preseason hype but I'm sure I'll get sucked in again like I always do.

Here's to hope once again!

• Poll
Choose your Aggie football job

Which Aggie football job most suits your personality?

• Head Coach

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • OC

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • DC

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Any Other Assistant Coach (Specify)

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Recruiting Coordinator

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Aggie Yell Publisher

Votes: 4 6.3%

For me, it's easy...O Line Coach. In my current job, I blow up and yell at people a lot, so I'm a perfect fit. Head Coach? Nope. Too much responsibility. OC? Nope, I just had Mark explain to me the difference between spread and tempo in the Mailbag. DC? Nope. Too tempted to say, "Yeah, I agree, we should run a 3 man front." Recruiting coordinator? Seriously?! When talking to teenagers, I make Jeff Dunham's "Walter" seem warm and cuddly. Any other assistant coach position would just be insulting to my overinflated ego. As for me being the AY Publisher, if I did accept, there would be one no here to read this post because I would have banned all of you already.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT