ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite baseball player that didn’t play for your team

Aggiesandastros

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2004
Obviously, I’m an Astros fan. For better or worse. I have a dozen favorite players I could mention that were Stros. The list of players I always rooted for that weren’t Astros is extremely small, however. What can I say? Even as a kid I was a ride or die kinda fan. Most people were before fantasy sports took over, but I digress.

There ya go @Rooster77, I’ve used both whilst and digress while still making and laughing at sophomoric jokes about wee-wees.

Who’s your favorite? Who’s the dude you always pulled for even though you really had no reason to?

I’m a lefty so I tend to root for those guys. I always liked Robin Ventura until “the incident”. I always liked Ichiro and Jim Thome. Always hated Bonds even in his days with the Pirates. I was a Stros fan, whadayagunado.

Gotta say though, my favorite all-time player that wasn’t a member of my beloved Astros has to be The Kid. Ken Griffey Jr. was the most natural baseball player I’ve ever seen. 5 tools and arguably the most beautiful swing in baseball history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News