ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...covid related

C'mon Catorano - this is an incredibly misleading thread. At least be honest about what your link says. It says that in 6% of deaths, Covid was the ONLY cause. Are you guys really going to sit here and ignore everything the CDC has been saying from the beginning that comorbidities exacerbate things for you? Or are you taking the position that every one of these would have died this year at this time had they not gotten covid?

Numbers seem too unreal to believe..
is this a ruse designed to shift narrative away from the rioters who are claiming to care about black lives?

Last edited:
Why is this not a bigger story? Clearly if you’re sick, have underlying health conditions or simply over 80 years old, you should probably still quarantine as best you can.

Great question. Should be the biggest story.

Reactions: 2th_doc
C'mon Catorano - this is an incredibly misleading thread. At least be honest about what your link says. It says that in 6% of deaths, Covid was the ONLY cause. Are you guys really going to sit here and ignore everything the CDC has been saying from the beginning that comorbidities exacerbate things for you? Or are you taking the position that every one of these would have died this year at this time had they not gotten covid?

While the stats could be stated better they are still pretty telling about who is at risk. You also can’t know whether or not the underlying condition would have led to death on its own in 2020.

Right. This is misleading. The people saying 154,000 dead with no context are the ones that aren’t being misleading.

You can make a very strong argument that those comorbidity cases would have died if they contracted the flu virus.

I don't have a subscription to this, but NY Times article now saying that the PCR tests may be a little TOO sensitive. From what I've heard about this article, it says up to 90% of the positive tests are from people who wouldn't even be contagious. Maybe why CDC changed its stance on asymptomatic testing recently?

Right. This is misleading. The people saying 154,000 dead with no context are the ones that aren’t being misleading.
Well, I don't know why you think your link helps your case... but its doesn't. If you want an asterisk, I'll say again that everyone in the country knows that secondary illnesses make you more at risk. half the country couldn't spell comorbidity before this year. I'll say it again: to post this as proof that only 6% of the people who died was due to Covid is incredibly dishonest. And you know it.

Only positive news is misleading. Now we can turn our attention to the 2 kids that died of covid and not mention they had other issues.
You know most people don't die of AIDS right? Even in when it was a much bigger deal in the 80s - I'd say a great majority of them died from simple infections you or I could fight off any day of the year. You have a problem with us stating AIDS killed them?

You know most people don't die of AIDS right? Even in when it was a much bigger deal in the 80s - I'd say a great majority of them died from simple infections you or I could fight off any day of the year. You have a problem with us stating AIDS killed them?
False equivalence - AIDS destroys the immune system and is the underlying cause. With these deaths the comorbity is the underlying cause and COVID is more akin to the simple infections in your example.

False equivalence - AIDS destroys the immune system and is the underlying cause. With these deaths the comorbity is the underlying cause and COVID is more akin to the simple infections in your example.

False. The chart is not exclusive to pre-existing conditions and can include conditions developed after contracting the virus.

We didn’t voluntarily decimate the world economy because of AIDS.

False. The chart is not exclusive to pre-existing conditions and can include conditions developed after contracting the virus.
That's a fair point if true, did not look at the chart before posting, quite a few pneumonia/flu and respiratory failure cases. I had interpreted the comorbidity angle to mean at risk due to underlying conditions.
If this was broken down to pre-existing only that might be more informative.

Reactions: MSCAg1997
Is old age a pre existing condition?
It’s a demographic that should be cautious with the virus as the facts have shown us.

Those facts also show us that the shutdown for the rest of us was complete bullshit. Millions of jobs lost, businesses bankrupted and increased national debt for no good reason at all.

That's a fair point if true, did not look at the chart before posting, quite a few pneumonia/flu and respiratory failure cases. I had interpreted the comorbidity angle to mean at risk due to underlying conditions.
If this was broken down to pre-existing only that might be more informative.

Agreed

Reactions: MSCAg1997
You can make a very strong argument that those comorbidity cases would have died if they contracted the flu virus.
And this is the problem.....as many suspected, these data show that COVID isn’t even as bad as the flu....we clearly don’t shut down the country during flu season.....but hell, maybe we can in the future.

I’m assuming most people who died of AIDS (young vibrant gay men) had no pre-existing conditions before they had AIDs which caused all their symptoms.

Reactions: OferAg
You shared a Q’s twitter to prove your point. Hope this was an oversight

John Q? No clue what you’re talking about. The link to the CDC website isn’t “Q”. Next you’ll tell me about Alex Jones.

Reactions: slgilmore
And this is the problem.....as many suspected, these data show that COVID isn’t even as bad as the flu....we clearly don’t shut down the country during flu season.....but hell, maybe we can in the future.
Define isn’t even as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT