ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. coach fired along with other assistants

Is this where we throw our hands in the air and play stupid like we can’t fathom how this became political?

Funny. I never said anything about how.

I just think it’s all dumb at this point.

I do think the vaccine helps individuals and is no big deal.

And I think people should be able to choose whether they get the vaccine and employers/orgs/public places or events should be free to choose whether they will require the vaccine prior to entry.

And I think we should support that without giving anyone grief one way or another.

How about just get the vaccine and help the greater good of everyone. Vaccine denying is what has help keep Covid alive. This isn’t a personal freedom argument. This is purely political. Everyone who doesn’t get it deserves exactly the disease or unemployment, but you do not get to dictate the health and well-being of our nation!
You can go and screw you self. You don't get to dictate what I do with my body. How about you move to communist China and live there. Then you can have the government tell you how to live your life.

I have no problem with an employer setting the terns of employment.

I have no problem with an employee deciding he'd rather work somewhere else than get a vaccine he doesn't want.

But Rolovich was not an at-will employee. They do not have "cause" to refuse the balance of his contract.
It was a state mandate

Reactions: BoxsterBoy72
I have no problem with an employer setting the terns of employment.

I have no problem with an employee deciding he'd rather work somewhere else than get a vaccine he doesn't want.

But Rolovich was not an at-will employee. They do not have "cause" to refuse the balance of his contract.

The vaccine became a requirement for participation, and he had duties to fulfill per the contract which he can't execute in compliance because he chose to remain unvaccinated. Because he can't fulfill those obligations, therein is the cause.

I'm surprised his religious exemption application was apparently denied. Maybe if he put more in the kitty he would have been delivered.

And I think people should be able to choose whether they get the vaccine and employers/orgs/public places or events should be free to choose whether they will require the vaccine prior to entry.
I have much less of a problem with private business mandating the vaccine than the federal or even state govt doing the same

The vaccine became a requirement for participation, and he had duties to fulfill per the contract which he can't execute in compliance because he chose to remain unvaccinated. Because he can't fulfill those obligations, therein is the cause.

I'm surprised his religious exemption application was apparently denied. Maybe if he put more in the kitty he would have been delivered.
I think the state of tx should mandate a HCQ and horse paste regimen for govt employees. Surely you are ok with firing anyone not in compliance?

I think the state of tx should mandate a HCQ and horse paste regimen for govt employees. Surely you are ok with this?

Cool, your beliefs.

His contract also stipulates compliance with state and university requirements. He understands the consequences of not meeting his contract.

My bet is there was nothing in his contract requiring taking any vaccine that may be developed in the future for any disease that may come around. This is just wrong. I hope he gets a gillion from that fvcked up state. Saying that, I got vaccinated to protect ME, not to protect the rest of the world. It is choice.

It was a state mandate
The state can't mandate a vaccine. It can only add a new condition of continued employment. Unless an existing contract prospectively required compliance with all new terms the state may impose in the future, I don't understand how this new condition can alter the existing contract.

I have much less of a problem with private business mandating the vaccine than the federal or even state govt doing the same
Nope. All employers should be able to freely make choices within the law.

Last edited:
I am vaccinated. Now with that said, how does that protect anyone other than me? There are people everyday day getting Covid who have been vaccinated.

The vaccination is not a prophylactic. It is not stopping the spread or keeping you from getting Covid. I got vaccinated just in case I got Covid it would help me fight it. How does making one person get vaccinated protect another person? It doesn’t. Good grief

How about just get the vaccine and help the greater good of everyone. Vaccine denying is what has help keep Covid alive. This isn’t a personal freedom argument. This is purely political. Everyone who doesn’t get it deserves exactly the disease or unemployment, but you do not get to dictate the health and well-being of our nation!
Wow I have no words

Reactions: ck10782
I read yesterday he was trying to get am exemption. Obviously, it failed.

Hahahah holy shit dude.

Just stay home 2 weeks. Just wear the damn mask. Just get the vaccine. What will you do next?

Reactions: BDB99 and ck10782

This is total BULLSH*T. You should be ashamed to think this way. They are giving no wiggle room for natural immunity which is far better than any of the vaccines. You are a terrible person and citizen. What happens if they say you, your wife, and your kids need to be chemically castrated for the 'greater good' to avoid climate change? Are you going to be first in line?

Go F*ck yourself.

Sick burn, I think? There is a 100% chance you’ve used the term “cisgendered” in a completely serious and intentional fashion.

sealioning. What the fvck

the important thing is that you didn’t answer.

Not a burn, don't be so threatened.

It's not the first time you've presented a non-starter that I haven't engaged with.

And has the same choice
No it’s not. He has a contract. His contract did not state he had to get a Covid shoot. It’s much different. You were an at-will employee. You have no rights. Your employer can fire you for no cause. This is basic stuff every employee should know. In my best Joe Biden voice, “come on man!”

Reactions: BDB99
Sadly nothing of what you said here is accurate but I assume it’s a bit so I’ll leave it at that.

Reactions: hogtide and BDB99
No it’s not. He has a contract. His contract did not state he had to get a Covid shoot. It’s much different. You were an atwull

No it’s not. He has a contract. His contract did not state he had to get a Covid shoot. It’s much different. You were an at-will employee. You have no rights. Your employer can fire you for no cause. This is basic stuff every employee should know. In my best Joe Biden voice, “come on man!”

His contract did state he had to comply with state and university requirements.

Reactions: BoxsterBoy72
Granted I haven't read the language of his contract and I doubt others here have either. But if it has a compliance clause at the end it probably sounds something like this, which is my point.

"Person shall at all times during the term hereof comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and requirements of any governmental or institutional authority having jurisdiction or authority over Person's [position]" Insert federal, state, org, whatever sprinkled in.

It's common to see "all times" or like language in that clause.

Yeah
I don’t care how anti-vac that I think that I may be
I’m not giving up $3.2 mill annual
I’d get poked like a $2 whore (especially one from Aggie game day) for $3.2 million.

• Haha
Reactions: DFWAggie
Oh.

Doctor? Pharmacist? Or just slate.com regular?
200.gif

Your incredibly poor attempt at trying to decipher contract law speaks for itself and your Joe Biden voice was entirely too enunciated and coherent to sound anything like his bumbling.

Reactions: ck10782
I am vaccinated. Now with that said, how does that protect anyone other than me? There are people everyday day getting Covid who have been vaccinated.
Just as a point to consider, how does requiring a motorcycle rider to wear a helmet protect anyone but the rider? Let the class know if you figure that out.

Last edited:
This is total BULLSH*T. You should be ashamed to think this way. They are giving no wiggle room for natural immunity which is far better than any of the vaccines. You are a terrible person and citizen. What happens if they say you, your wife, and your kids need to be chemically castrated for the 'greater good' to avoid climate change? Are you going to be first in line?

Go F*ck yourself.
screen name checks out.

Reactions: thesassman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT