ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. coach fired along with other assistants

phil-hartman-sass.gif

Dude. Employers private or government can exercise their freedoms in the same way citizens can.

I fail to see how this as an impediment to freedom. If anything, it’s a prime example.

Government employer made a choice. And so did their employees.

Everyone with freedom to choose.
The idea governments have freedom like an individual is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while. The government acts at our behest. The government can only act as it is authorized by law to act. The purpose of government is to protect our rights. It doesn't give us our rights. The government does not have the "freedom to choose."

The idea governments have freedom like an individual is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while. The government acts at our behest. The government can only act as it is authorized by law to act. The purpose of government is to protect our rights. It doesn't give us our rights. The government does not have the "freedom to choose."
We are talking about the government as an employer. And it’s rights on its employees within the law.

Reread what I wrote and you will probably want to edit your dumb post.

It didn’t used to but now they are taking individual rights away at an alarming rate. This country is a shell of itself 40 years ago. We are marching toward communism at an alarming rate and social media is putting a jet pack on it. Sad what is happening to our country and democrats are the ones who are perfectly fine with the whole transformation.
many on this site are perfectly fine with Biden and his incompetence.

We are talking about the government as an employer. And it’s rights on its employees within the law.

Reread what I wrote and you will probably want to edit your dumb post.
I know what you wrote. The government as an employer is still the government. They are called beaurocrats and they are subject to the limits placed on government. Anything they do as part of their job constitutes the government doing it. They don't have any right in that capacity to do anything the government isn't allowed by law to do.

Reactions: clayber
I know what you wrote. The government as an employer is still the government. They are called beaurocrats and they are subject to the limits placed on government. Anything they do as part of their job constitutes the government doing it. They don't have any right in that capacity to do anything the government isn't allowed by law to do.
Yeah, that’s what I said. Same as private companies. Which are also constrained by laws. There shouldn’t be a difference with respect to freedom. Freedom applies to citizen and employer in the same way.

As a citizen no one is forcing you to be there (unless you contractually signed away some of your freedoms because you enlisted to serve the country but we should agree that’s a separate matter).

So it's ok to get covid and spread it if your vaxxed but not ok if you are? These shots are still emergency use only state. Greater risks of negative side effects than getting could for most people, especially with other treatment options and studies out of UK showing natural immunity equivalent or better than vaxxing. Cardinals 100% vacxed and had outbreak. Not so effective

He made his choice. Just needs to go get a job where the vaccine isn't required. Pretty simple. AMF Nick.

This is a simple concept that far too many don’t understand. They feel as though their rights come from the government that the government is so gracious and benevolent to allow us to live our lives within the rules the government set forth. Our rights are God given not government given. I talk to my daughter everyday about this. Some people love being told how to live their lives. I guess that will never change.

“The government says I can kill my unborn baby so I’m going to do it. After all it’s my body I can do what I want with it.“

Govt - that’s right. Here let me make it easy for you to murder that baby.

”I‘m healthy and as an adult I can asses my own risks. It’s my body I can do what I want with it. I CHOOSE not to get the vaccine.”

Govt - You’re so selfish! Get in line! You’re killing other people because you are heartless and selfish. You know what? You’re fired!!

”But me getting the vaccine doesn’t prevent the spread. How am I affecting the health of others.”

Govt - Doesn’t matter! I said get the vaccine or you’re fired!

How anyone can defend this “logic” is beyond me but just watch. Someone will and some have already tried.

Just as a point to consider, how does requiring a motorcycle rider to wear a helmet protect anyone but the rider? Let the class know if you figure that out.

If you get into a motorcycle accident without a helmet, you have a 99% chance of dying as a result of a traumatic head injury. If you get covid, you have a 99% chance of surviving flu like symptoms.

If you get into a motorcycle accident without a helmet, you have a 99% chance of dying as a result of a traumatic head injury. If you get covid, you have a 99% chance of surviving flu like symptoms.
Stats are wrong and totally misses the point, which is there are things that are mandated that people think only protects them, but the purpose of the law is actually to protect others (in the form of taxes for this particular issue). I wasn’t talking about covid.

This is a simple concept that far too many don’t understand. They feel as though their rights come from the government that the government is so gracious and benevolent to allow us to live our lives within the rules the government set forth. Our rights are God given not government given. I talk to my daughter everyday about this. Some people love being told how to live their lives. I guess that will never change.

“The government says I can kill my unborn baby so I’m going to do it. After all it’s my body I can do what I want with it.“

Govt - that’s right. Here let me make it easy for you to murder that baby.

”I‘m healthy and as an adult I can asses my own risks. It’s my body I can do what I want with it. I CHOOSE not to get the vaccine.”

Govt - You’re so selfish! Get in line! You’re killing other people because you are heartless and selfish. You know what? You’re fired!!

”But me getting the vaccine doesn’t prevent the spread. How am I affecting the health of others.”

Govt - Doesn’t matter! I said get the vaccine or you’re fired!

How anyone can defend this “logic” is beyond me but just watch. Someone will and some have already tried.
Weird post

What’s the other name for the first 10 amendments to the constitution?

God gave you the right to a trial by jury? And to not quarter soldiers? If our rights are all God given it shouldn’t matter what country we live in.

Weird post

God gave you the right to a trial by jury? And to not quarter soldiers? If our rights are all God given it shouldn’t matter what country we live in.
And there it is.

Stats are wrong and totally misses the point, which is there are things that are mandated that people think only protects them, but the purpose of the law is actually to protect others (in the form of taxes for this particular issue). I wasn’t talking about covid.

You were totally trying to conflate the two and now you’re trying to back track from that. Regardless, helmet laws protect motorcycle riders by making them wear helmets (outside of their bodies by the way) to prevent what in all likelihood would be a traumatic head injury should they get into an accident (they’re not protecting anyone else).

For the record, I’m pro vaccine and think everyone should, at a minimum, consider the shot and certainly get the vaccine if you’re older or have underlying health conditions. I’m vaccinated myself. What I disagree with is the mandate and the outright error in logic that is being used to force the mandate that this will somehow end covid or that it’s for the “greater good”. Neither is true.

I’m not even entirely sure why I continue to respond to these threads, to be honest. We’re largely on the same team here (I’m for the vaccines) but now that’s not good enough and we all have to be pro mandate too. I think you’re making a mistake on a personal level if you don’t get vaccinated. But I don’t agree that the government should force its citizens to get this particular vaccine. It’s not polio. I also realize that my logic requires a line of “what’s deadly enough” to force a mandate and I’m certainly willing to engage in that debate.

I’m not even entirely sure why I continue to respond to these threads, to be honest. We’re largely on the same team here (I’m for the vaccines) but now that’s not good enough and we all have to be pro mandate too. I think you’re making a mistake on a personal level if you don’t get vaccinated. But I don’t agree that the government should force its citizens to get this particular vaccine. It’s not polio. I also realize that my logic requires a line of “what’s deadly enough” to force a mandate and I’m certainly willing to engage in that debate.
That’s a fair and reasonable opinion. I really wasn’t trying to conflate issues. My point was actually that we do have laws or mandates to protect the an individual that actual are not there for that person at all. The government doesn’t care if you personally are catastrophically injured Bc you didn’t wear a seat belt or helmet. It doesn’t want to pay for that care. That’s the only reason for those laws. Sorta similar to requiring car insurance.

Whatever happened to my body my choice? Is that still a thing or only in certain situations used by certain people? Does it work for all of us or do you have to vote D to use that? Just want to make sure no one is being hypocritical or anything.

not the society we live in and haven’t for decades. Many employers have required other vaccines as terms of employment for decades. kids are required to have vaccinations for school.

we have many laws that protect general public from individuals choices that endanger public health. Like smoking in restaurants. Speeding in school zones. Like those examples going out in public unvaccinated puts genreal public at risk and slows down economic recovery for everyone.

the only thing different here is it’s new. And as stated retro-active to existing employers. And political.

Why isn’t MMR vaccine political? Or chickenpox?

Look around the world. These have nothing to do with democrats or Republicans.

not the society we live in and haven’t for decades. Many employers have required other vaccines as terms of employment for decades. kids are required to have vaccinations for school.

we have many laws that protect general public from individuals choices that endanger public health. Like smoking in restaurants. Speeding in school zones. Like those examples going out in public unvaccinated puts genreal public at risk and slows down economic recovery for everyone.

the only thing different here is it’s new. And as stated retro-active to existing employers. And political.

Why isn’t MMR vaccine political? Or chickenpox?

Look around the world. These have nothing to do with democrats or Republicans.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Have you not heard that being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you from being positive for Covid nor keep you from spreading it? That news has actually been out there for a while. Surprised you hadn’t seen this somewhere. Someone’s decision to not get the vaccine impacts no one other than the person making that choice. Unlike abortion where someone’s decision actually kills a baby. No big deal.

This is just typical of the left. Just stop your b.s. about what’s best for the common good. It’s just not.

Reactions: clayber
Getting back to the "cause" issue, it seems Rolovich is going to sue for wrongful termination, and his focus will be on the AD's failure to accommodate his sincerely held religious beliefs.

My bet is WSU pays.

Weird post

Talk about a weird post. You’re babbling about quartering soldiers. Yes, our rights come from God. You don’t give me my rights, Joe Biden doesn’t give me my rights, Kamala doesn’t. Nor does BHO or Anderson Cooper or George Soros or whoever the hell you want deciding your fate.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, they they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it…”

You said in just a few posts above, “the government doesn’t care about whether you are personally or catastrophically injured.” But they do care whether or not you get COVID and get sick or not?? Which is it? That doesn’t jive.

They want to control the population. They don’t care about you or me. So they take it inch by inch so you don’t notice. Then you look up one day and they are forcing you to take a vaccine for a virus that has a greater than 98% survivability rate. STUPID people who want the government telling them how to live their lives are ok with this. Smart, independent, responsible adults are not.

Can vaccinated people catch Covid...yes
Can vaccinated people spread Covid....yes

So these "mandates" are initiated on lies that if everyone is vaccinated Covid goes away or this is a pandemic of the un-vaccinated. I hope there are a whirlwind of lawsuits on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT