ADVERTISEMENT

Up to date numbers - Houston Methodist Hospitals....

Have 676 COVID patients. 82% are of the unvaccinated folks.

I'm curious what percentage of those unvaccinated folks are obese and in poor health even though they may not know it.

I haven't seen it publicly stated (ie- in the news) but doctors working hospitals that I know IRL and a number on TexAgs are putting the percentage of unvaccinated in the hospitals with covid who are obese and have other health issues like type-2 diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol, and generally in poor shape at over 90%. A slight majority are non-whites.

They've also said that almost universally these folks didn't believe they were obese or in less-than-good health.

I'm curious what percentage of those unvaccinated folks are obese and in poor health even though they may not know it.

I haven't seen it publicly stated (ie- in the news) but doctors working hospitals that I know IRL and a number on TexAgs are putting the percentage of unvaccinated in the hospitals with covid who are obese and have other health issues like type-2 diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol, and generally in poor shape at over 90%. A slight majority are non-whites.

They've also said that almost universally these folks didn't believe they were obese or in less-than-good health.
Having healthy habits would probably do more to improve the situation more than anything else, but we don't hear a peep about that concept from those in charge. Nada. Just ask yourself who benefits.

Reactions: darterbury
Having healthy habits would probably do more to improve the situation more than anything else, but we don't hear a peep about that concept from those in charge. Nada. Just ask yourself who benefits.

True story. Pretty much the #1 risk factor discussed from day 1 (besides age) has been obesity. And 80% of everybody who has been hospitalized or died due from covid since this thing started has been obese.

But has anybody stood up and said, "Get off your ass and lose weight and you'll have a much lower risk of having a bad outcome with covid."? Nope, not at all. Instead it's called fat-shaming and "healthy at any weight" and put 350# land manatees on the cover of Vogue or whatever and held up as an attainable standard of beauty.

I mean, I haz the fats, but I'm not in denial about it. I had dropped about 40# doing keto from March 2020 - July 2020 but hit a plateau and when I had covid I gained it all back plus some. In the past I've dropped and gained 60-70 pounds really fast (Like dropping 60 pounds in 6 months and then gaining it back just as quickly) by doing pretty intense workouts and strict diets but it's not sustainable, long-term. What I'm doing now (and have been for a while) is much more sustainable both in terms of workout and diet.

My exercise routine is as follows:
- swim approx. 4-5 miles per week
- 25km per week on the rowing machine
- 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 air-squats per day

I don't have a need to lift heavy any more.

According to the data from Israel, the Cleveland Clinic, and other studies prior infection is at least as effective and may be more effective than the vaccines.

If you make it through the infection unvaccinated without dying or acquiring any of the Long Covid maladies you will have then been "vaccinated" in a way.

What is the point in taking that chance when you could be safely inoculated with only the spike protein (not the full, active virus) which will elicit a very robust immune response and provide protection with much less risk?

Reactions: AgNok
If you make it through the infection unvaccinated without dying or acquiring any of the Long Covid maladies you will have then been "vaccinated" in a way.

What is the point in taking that chance when you could be safely inoculated with only the spike protein (not the full, active virus) which will elicit a very robust immune response and provide protection with much less risk?
The reverse of that, is if you have already been infected, then why should you need the vaccine?

True story. Pretty much the #1 risk factor discussed from day 1 (besides age) has been obesity. And 80% of everybody who has been hospitalized or died due from covid since this thing started has been obese.

But has anybody stood up and said, "Get off your ass and lose weight and you'll have a much lower risk of having a bad outcome with covid."? Nope, not at all. Instead it's called fat-shaming and "healthy at any weight" and put 350# land manatees on the cover of Vogue or whatever and held up as an attainable standard of beauty.

I mean, I haz the fats, but I'm not in denial about it. I had dropped about 40# doing keto from March 2020 - July 2020 but hit a plateau and when I had covid I gained it all back plus some. In the past I've dropped and gained 60-70 pounds really fast (Like dropping 60 pounds in 6 months and then gaining it back just as quickly) by doing pretty intense workouts and strict diets but it's not sustainable, long-term. What I'm doing now (and have been for a while) is much more sustainable both in terms of workout and diet.

My exercise routine is as follows:
- swim approx. 4-5 miles per week
- 25km per week on the rowing machine
- 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 air-squats per day

I don't have a need to lift heavy any more.
My fitness pal is an app to track calories. Put in current weight and desisted goal pee week to lose and it will give you my our allotted calories per day to track against. Put in your exercise and it will give you extra calories for the day. Losing a pound or two per week will become your lifestyle.

can be free or pay $100 per year to avoid ads.

I'm not advocating for that now but if you previously have had covid and recovered (which I have), especially before the vaccines were available, then the vaccines don't appear to be as effective as thought.

Had I not previously had covid and recovered I'd likely have already gotten the jab. I still may due to work requirements but I'm holding out on that.

I just don't believe the government should mandate it. But most people aren't as healthy as they think they are and are probably at a higher risk than they think they are, especially if they've not already had covid and recovered.

Reactions: jram and NYCAggie
My fitness pal is an app to track calories. Put in current weight and desisted goal pee week to lose and it will give you my our allotted calories per day to track against. Put in your exercise and it will give you extra calories for the day. Losing a pound or two per week will become your lifestyle.

can be free or pay $100 per year to avoid ads.

I'm familiar with that and use/have used it.

My point was that previously I would go so restrictive on diet and/or so intense on workouts they weren't really sustainable in the manner they are now for me.

Given what we know now about the vaccine(or think we know, because things change every day) they need to promote it only as "it will help you get less sick" You can still catch it, you can still transmit, you can test positive so you still have to quarantine and stay home from work and other events, and you still have to wear a mask.

I had covid recently, it kicked my ass for a couple weeks...if I had gotten the vaccine it likely would have been less severe....I see no reason to get it now.

I'm not advocating for that now but if you previously have had covid and recovered (which I have), especially before the vaccines were available, then the vaccines don't appear to be as effective as thought.

Had I not previously had covid and recovered I'd likely have already gotten the jab. I still may due to work requirements but I'm holding out on that.
Yeah, it’s ridiculous and anti-science to demand those with anti-bodies from previous covid exposure to get vaxed. I read that those in this group also tend to have poor reactions to the vax compared with those that do not have anti-bodies.

If all these vaccinated folks are being hospitalized, what's the point of injecting your body with some foreign agent with unknown side effects?
It might save your life if you get infected. Nothing can claim to be 100% safe but it’s worth the shot for me.

The reverse of that, is if you have already been infected, then why should you need the vaccine?

There are some claims of how long the immune response lasts due to injected vaccine vs infection but you should be good enough.

Count yourself lucky.

Reactions: SA_AG92
Given what we know now about the vaccine(or think we know, because things change every day) they need to promote it only as "it will help you get less sick" You can still catch it, you can still transmit, you can test positive so you still have to quarantine and stay home from work and other events, and you still have to wear a mask.

I had covid recently, it kicked my ass for a couple weeks...if I had gotten the vaccine it likely would have been less severe....I see no reason to get it now.

Rather "it might help you get less sick". Since obviously vaccinated folk are still getting critically ill and having to be hospitalized. And since we don't know how sick they'd have been without getting the vaccine.

Rather "it might help you get less sick". Since obviously vaccinated folk are still getting critically ill and having to be hospitalized. And since we don't know how sick they'd have been without getting the vaccine.

Good luck.

Do you have kids that I can pray for?

Reactions: tsip despiser
this is wrong. First, Moderna has been quite effective at stopping Delta. Second, the worst study shows Pfizer at stopping the spread at 39%. 15% of hospital beds are taken by vaccinated people but the percentage of people vaccinated in Austin is greater than the people unvaccinated. It decreases your chance of getting it and it helps you fight it if you do get it.

Reactions: tsip despiser

As the article indicates, probably more data is needed as the Delta variant may be changing this to a degree, but most nationwide studies seem to indicate that about 90% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated and only about 1 to 2% of the deaths are vaccinated. But, as we all do, we'll painstakingly search for the data that fits our narrative, not change it.

Last edited:
hopefully he will get lucky and be part of the 99% who survive covid.
Thanks for the support.

I stopped eating a dozen glazed each morning back in March 2020 when this thing started, so I feel like my odds are decent.

If all these vaccinated folks are being hospitalized, what's the point of injecting your body with some foreign agent with unknown side effects?

It's highly likely that those vaccinated who are hospitalized with breakthrough cases are extremely high-risk and if they hadn't vaccinated they'd be dead for sure. The vaccine gives them a chance.

Prior infection also provides a similar level of immunity. It's also likely that a very high percentage of these unvaccinated in the hospitals never had covid before. Maybe they thought they did and never got tested to be sure.

I don't know your situation and if you're on here you're likely a grown-ass man who can make your own decisions. Just know your risk level and proceed accordingly.

Reactions: wick and clayber
I hear it all day yesterday from Desmar Walkes in the news break on KLBJ. It’s in line with every hospital system I’ve been in and physician in the area Is telling me. The 2 icu bed thing and lack of overall beds is a staffing shortage. Large part due to hospital systems mandating the vaccine. Y’all can do whatever you want with the info you find and I’ll do the same. Natural immunity has proved more effective by the Cleveland clinic and all over the world and people want to listen to Kentucky and some local news organizations that have been screaming trump collusion and ignoring the millions of illegal immigrants pouring into the county with covid 1-5. I was shocked to hear it but it is in line with the rest of the world and Cleveland clinic study of 52k patients in the healthcare settings. I’ll take that over local news hacks not looking into anything but dutifully reporting whatever BD they’re fed.
Unfortunately I’ve been listening to KLBJ AM a lot as I had to go pick up my daughter from my fUlly vaccinated FIL who test positive for covid today. He got it from his fully vaccinated colleagues. I was with him all weekend so I’m quarantined. I’ve been around this shit consistently since this began and have never had any symptoms but keep having to quarantine due to being exposed to covid positive fully vaccinated people. You know it’s odd I don’t have 1 person I know who has been unvaccinated had the virus and got covid. Every day the number of people in my circle who are vaccinated that number keeps rising. If I see someone unvaccinated that had covid get it again it would be my first.
My goal in this has never been to not get covid in this thing so I’m pretty sure we are looking at this from totally different points of view. I’ve tried to expose myself to this thing the whole time and as of yet haven’t had any symptoms

15% of hospitalized patients in the Austin area have Covid. 55% were fully vaccinated 9% partially.
As others have pointed out, you misheard or misremembered the news report.

55% of the population in Travis County has been vaccinated.

Vaccinated residents comprise about 17% of the patients hospitalized for COVID and almost none of the deaths.

Vaccinated people aren't dying and mostly aren't requiring hospitalization.

Y’all are right. No need to get vaccinated. It doesn’t help any.
Hey smart guy. I took a pcr test that came back positive. That means I have the same antibodies the vaccinated allegedly have only I got mine the old fashioned way. Should I still willingly participate in a large experimental vaccination trial that still isn’t FDA approved?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT