ADVERTISEMENT

transfer portal data analysis question(s)

piggyperch

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2002
Cypress, Texas
I wonder if a data analysis of transfer portal activity would show a generalized trend in one direction or another. With 2,100 players, (or 14% of the total) in the transfer portal, we have a big enough sample size.

For example do kids leaving a Tier 1 program (Alabama, Ohio State, TAMU, etc.) generally drop down to Tier 2 (S. Carolina, Baylor, Purdue, TTech, etc)? or Vice versa? Do they go up? (see the Purdue kid going to A&M today).

If so, that might standardize recruiting errors as "overvalued" vs. "undervalued". OR.... (and this seems likely) is it related more to specific depth chart issues? But a full 14% seems to belie that thesis.

Is there a big statistical difference in transfer rates of highly rated (4 and 5 stars) vs. others?

last, in the data analysis, which positions (if any) are over weighted? i.e. do more WR's transfer than guards? or LB's? Do some positions result in more recruiting errors than others?

And, before anyone asks, I have stuff to do and don't have time for this; but it seems very interesting. There are some wicked smart folks on AY, I am sure someone has the answers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News