ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Graves owner/founder of Raising Canes

geb

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Love this American dream story even if he attended LSU.

“While attending Louisiana State University in the mid-1990s, Todd Graves wrote a business plan for a fast-food restaurant that sold only fried chicken tenders.

His professor gave him the lowest grade in the class. But Graves didn't let the criticism stop him.”

The Raising Canes origin story is my favorite founder's story of all time

- Founder Todd Graves owns 90% of Canes, worth $7+ BILLION

- The idea for Canes was submitted as a biz plan for a college course that earned the lowest grade in the class

- Graves went to every local bank to get a loan to fund his restaurant but was denied by every single one of them

- Funded his dream of opening a chicken finger restaurant by working two treacherous jobs

- The first was at an oil refinery

- The second was on an Alaskan fishing boat, working 20 hrs a day, fishing for Sockeye Salmon in dangerous ocean waves

- After saving up enough money Graves opened the first Cane’s near LSU – and the rest is history

- What started as a simple vision, Cane’s was brought to life by Grave's determination that turned his dream into a reality

I urge you to watch the full interview w/ Theo Von b/c it truly is one of the best biz stories

For more founder stories just like this, make sure to follow me @TripleNetInvest

He just purchased top 2 floors of a Dallas luxury high rise.

The billionaire is taking the top two floors at the Knox Street project, according to a person familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified while disclosing private information.

A penthouse on one floor of the building was marketed for $25 million a few months ago, according to a person familiar with the matter. No official price was disclosed for Graves’ purchase, and the total could be far higher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News