ADVERTISEMENT

Thumb Nail Clippings for the week.

Thumbs-Up

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Katy, TX
www.thecaselaw.com
Well, I hate to start out this way, but it looks like we have an injury to the one position we all worry about the most. I have heard that Knight has an injury to his throwing shoulder. He is expected to be back and ready by game time, but you hate to see these type of injuries before the season gets underway, because they often have the ability to haunt one all season long. That part is speculation and they do expect him back, but he is being held out of a lot of practice. Hubenak is a capable back-up and the team does have confidence in him.

It sounds like Ford is making a push and is #2 on the RB chart. Hopefully he continues this momentum and pushes forward to be the type of back so many think he can be.

The O-line is looking better. I believe having Turner back has been helpful. Turner as mentioned before is moving guys around a lot and trying new things, but the general consensus is the O-Line is getting better and making progress.

One of the reasons the O-line doesn't often look stout is because this D-Line is going to be special. There is a major focus being put on stopping the run and this line should go a long way to helping that happen. Chavis is going to show why he is worth every dime we pay him.

The WR group is really good and we all know one of the major strengths to this team. From what I am hearing some of the guys that give our starters a rest are making some waves of their own. These guys are going to be dangerous. I wish we had Speedy the first game, because he is light years away (mentally and team wise) to where he was last year.

On the good news front, there are no other new injuries to report. The team is excited about UCLA and they believe in their ability to take care of business on opening day. Let's hope this is the start of making Kyle Field a place that people have trouble winning again. Wouldn't it be great if we started hearing chants of Wrecking Crew, Wrecking Crew again. But, only if it is deserved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News