ADVERTISEMENT

The latest on Zach Evans (update at 12:15 p.m., 1/11/20)

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
What Georgia has done with his LOI is a source of confusion. They either sat on it and or sent it in, but they no longer want him. Allegedly.

The 14 days are up. Allegedly.

LSU has supposedly decided they’re not going to continue pursuit. Allegedly.

here’s what is not alleged: A&M has remained in contact and will take him if that is somehow possible. A lot of this is still incredibly confusing.

I think he did want to go to Georgia. Others around him may not have and favored LSU or Alabama (but Alabama was not interested; they were in on Jace McCllelan). But something seems to have really turned UGA off and they’re apparently trying to dump him without penalty to go after someone else.

update: UGA guys confirmed they did NOT file his LOI.

Update 2

Expect Zach Evans to be out of LOI tomorrow. Basically Zach Evans can freely talk to any school he wants now.

Update 3
It looks like UGA has let Evans out of his LOI. All signs now point to A&M as his destination.

Update 4
UGA has given Evans a full and unconditional release, as we expected. Here's what that means:
NLI policy states a prospective student-athlete is only permitted to sign one valid NLI in an academic year. Therefore, if you sign an NLI during the early period and get a complete release by the institution or one of the NLI committees before the spring signing period ends, you are not permitted to sign a second NLI in the spring. You must wait until the next academic year to sign another NLI if you have not enrolled already at a four-year institution.
So Evans can sign another LOI in the summer, but enroll for the summer sessions.

update 5: another very strong source has told me that Evans will indeed be an Aggie. I hope other sources will concur, but I may not hear for a day or two.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News