ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Morning coaching update

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
If you read part V last night, you know that the Stoops "hire" was done without the knowledge and approval of the Board of Regents. They did not hear about the arrangement until Friday night or, in some cases, Saturday morning. They were as pissed as the fans were and made it clear that they would not, under any circumstances, approve a contract for Mark Stoops. I have never heard of that happening before. The fanbase and the BOR were on the same page for different reasons. Regardless, the combination killed the deal dead. Don't buy Stoops' "Oh, I just couldn't leave" comments. He was telling people he was coming.

So that leaves A&M, for right now, back to Jedd Fisch, E-Rob and Elko. I think the latter two are more likely right now because A&M's going to have to fight the perception that this place is toxic. They may end up scrapping this whole thing and starting again, but I haven't heard much on that yet. That's incredibly frustrating, but that's where we are. Sometimes the jokes just write themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News