ADVERTISEMENT

So here's what happened yesterday

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
Some of you saw this on the thread about Tidbits being slow.

As some of you know, my wife works at Rice. She was coming home a little early yesterday and got on the elevator in the parking garage. There was a guy in the elevator. Just standing there. Not pushing buttons. Just staring.
She hit the button for her floor and texted her friend, who she was talking to, to call Rice police. When she got to her floor, he tried to block her from leaving. She forced her way past him, and he started to pursue her. He said she was going to take him to Guadalupe County. She said he was clearly deranged.
He tripped, which allowed her to get to the car, get in and lock the doors. He tried to block her again, but moved when she gunned the car into reverse.
By the time she got to the bottom floor, Rice police were there and detained the guy.
That's terrifying as it was. But this is where I go from "I want to hunt this guy down and execute him" to being really pissed off.
RUPD asked her to come and make a statement. When she got there, one officer demanded her ID and took a picture of it on his personal phone. Another berated her for making a big deal out of things, since "he never touched you, did he?" and that it would be a waste of time to arrest him. He also said she should have called the police instead of having her friend do it, in spite of the fact the nut was standing right there and it would have almost certainly provoked him.
"What you should have done is call 713-348-6000. Do you need to program that into your phone?" the cop said. **** that guy.
RUPD's solution to this, outside of mocking the victim, was to take the guy -- who had already been kicked off of campus once earlier in the day -- a little farther off campus and dump him again.
At this point, my wife's boss, the VP of public affairs, shows up and goes absolutely nucking futs. He demanded they arrest the nut, then walks out and calls the chief of RUPD -- who was on vacation, of course.
Chief also goes crazy, tells the Sergeant in charge to pull the video from the parking garage and the audio from the interaction with the cops. Sergeant calls my wife, apologizes and asks if she wants to file a formal complaint. She did.
So since then, my wife has not slept, not eaten and is a nervous wreck. She was scared to death and, rightfully, is pissed off at RUPD for basically ignoring her until a high-ranking male showed up. I'm not one to usually buy into the sexist stuff, but with these assholes, buy it heavily.

So that's why Tidbits were shortened yesterday. In summation, I would like to find the guy who scared my wife and end him, and I want the badges or heads of the two wannabe cops who mocked her. RUPD has until Wednesday, or all hell will break loose. Don't **** with the wife of the guy who knows everyone in the Houston press corps.

Honestly, I may not have to do anything. The VP of public affairs can probably get more results than I can, and he's on the warpath.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News