ADVERTISEMENT

Serial Killer Daniel Lee Corwin

phastman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2001
Dallas
I just finished two seasons of true crime podcasts produced by Texas Monthly. First one was about an unsolved death of a high school kid in Canadian, Texas, and the other was about a murder in Stephenville that went unsolved for about 20 years. They're pretty good podcasts, maybe not the best I've ever listened to, but paint a vivid picture of life in small Texas towns. I am just starting TM's 3rd true crime podcast which is about something that happened in San Angelo.

In the second podcast, the author briefly mentioned that he (the author I mean) had grown up in Temple, where a murderer named Danny Corwin had begun his career of raping women and at least trying to murder them in the mid-70's. Corwin served 9 years in prison for rape and attempted murder, then quickly resumed violent crime when he got out.

He raped and killed two more women in Normangee and Huntsville in 1987. Then in October of 1988 he abducted an A&M student in the Kyle Field parking lot. He raped her, slit her throat, and left her for dead, but she survived and was able to identify him. He was convicted of capital murder and executed in 1998, 3 days after our last conference championship in football.

I was a student from 87-91 and didn't know anything about this, so sharing. The podcast also mentioned that he was an A&M student, but I didn't find that anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News