ADVERTISEMENT

Roster management

JustAvgIllini

Known Member
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
In deference and with respect to these kids, I'm not going to go into any names, just positions. Still, some retained commitments and portal announcements lately are puzzling to me.

WR - It's no secret we are going after some, but just how many? I think 4 seems a good solid number as I expect some names to change.

OL - I believe we have to get 4 here as well, though the competition will be tougher. We need 2 interior and 2 tackles. Likely going to have to pay big.

CB - I am thinking a couple, maybe three, because who is really coming back?! Again, NIL will play a role on this one.

S - Need one, perhaps. Feel better about our safeties than corners.

LB - Need one, depending one what happens, maybe two. I think we can find LBs in the portal.

RB - Definitely need one, whether it's portal or prep. Frankly, I don't mind either way.

QB - I'm on the fence. If we can get 2 prep QBs, it's a bonus these days so shake the trees.

TE - I believe we want another TE, especially with Coach Klein's offense. Doesn't matter to me if prep or portal.

Edge - We go get whoever is there. Edge is a premium position. Don't pay for the moon, but....

NG - I think we're okay at 3 tech, but I would like another nose guard. Have to be able to control to middle of the line for the run and pass.

Christmas Wish List, Gig'em!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News