ADVERTISEMENT

Post Jimbo, Durkin, Addazio & Friends Clown Car Pack Out Thread...

JustAvgIllini

Known Member
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
Get ready folks this is going to be a long one, so if you haven't updated your reading glasses prescription or haven't gotten your eight hours recommended ZZZZs in, I suggest you stop reading now.
  • No talent left for the Fightin Texas Aggie Elkos?! - DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT! I saw plenty enough last night and plenty enough heart. What they didn't have was evident as well. Enough good coaching. Durkin can drive one of the clown cars, as long as there are 3 seats up front, just like his line calls. Coach Elko and Staff have started to supplement the roster but more needs to be done at WR, OL, LB, CB, EDGE, RB and NT.
  • Wasted Talent Classes 101 thru 303 - That's what the previous regime has done. Case in point, Moose Muhammad and most of the defensive line (gone and still here). My disgust reached a boiling point watching Dindy blowing up plays last night, only to be immediately rotated out. How did we ever get 42 sacks?! I believe Dindy and Hicks are both best suited for 3 tech but not if they are changed out like cheap suits. Still need another pure nose guard.
  • Get off the kids at Corner - First, they were thrown into the fire and for the most part they were there in position. Two things they lacked, strength and "tricks of the trade" only gained from experience. Brooks' pick was a plus level play. I still have confidence in Rogers and Thomas even with the very tough games for both. Another corner in portal will be crucial.
  • Playcalling on both sides was indicative of what we've been saying all along - Jimbo was absolutely stale and Durkin simply couldn't utilize the best 11 most of the time. Coley was down to a 4th string fish QB with few reps, few WRs against an experienced albeit bad defense. No way Jimbo has that success. Durkin? Well, what can anyone say?! Good against bad offenses. Simply more interested in keeping kids "happy" I guess. How'd that work out?!
Gig'em!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News