ADVERTISEMENT

MSU Key Game Stats

KeithDB

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
My key game stats for this big win that made us bowl eligible. I had some difficulty choosing amongst the top ones, but here they are.

1. Jaylen Henderson four, freaking four, touchdowns. The third string QB comes in, the transfer from Nowhere State, and throws for two TDs and runs for two more. He was the leading rusher on our team. In contrast to Max Johnson he made quick decisions, both when running and passing. He didn't light up the scoreboard passing, he disappointingly lacked touch on deep passes, but he was quick and strong on the short and intermediate routes.

2. Four turnovers for the Aggie defense. Every time MSU seemed to have a chance to get back in it, we stole the ball from them. The turnovers included a beautiful scoop and score.

3. 51 Fing points. Announces said the last time we lit up the scoreboard for that many was the infinity overtime game against LSU.

4. No offensive TDs for MSU. They tried. They got a couple of drives that had chances, and then they would turn the ball over.

5. The Aggies had five players who averaged 5 or more yards per carry. I would have that start with QB Jaylen Henderson with 12 rushes for 60 yards. Armani Daniels had 6.6 yards per carry, and whoever the Hell David Bailey is had 6.2 yards per carry, though that was mostly in garbage time. Reuben Owens had 5.2 yards per carry, and fourth string QB Marcel Reed finished with three rushes for 5.3 yards per carry.

Overall a surprisingly strong showing for the depleted quarterback room at A&M combined with a great series of take aways on defense as we quickly quieted and put to sleep a team fired up by running back the opening kickoff for a TD.

Reactions: tschaar
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News