ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri Fishing and MLB baseball Road Trip

Mark93

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2003
My wife's majors bucket list is to catch a game at every MLB park. This past week, we drove up to Missouri and went to games at Busch and Kauffman stadiums. Of the two, Busch stands out. Although the surrounding area of Busch stadium is old and run down, the stadium is in great shape and has excellent seating. Nolan Gormon of the Cardinals hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th which made for an exciting finish. Kauffman could use some new paint and renovations on the concessions but the atmosphere is really cool.

I promised the wife I would take her to the games as long as I could do some fishing on Lake of the Ozarks and Table Rock without any whining from her. I rented an AirBnB with a dock on LOZ for a week. I'm out on the dock right now. I brought two underwater fishing lights for some night fishing. Right now, I am watching this huge nasty carp sucking on one of the light fixtures.
This dock has a 75 inch TV and a fridge.
I fished all day yesterday while at the same time watching the Ags.

Table Rock is controlled by the Army Core of Engineers, so I won't find a rental there that has a private dock. The Core does not allow private docks nor housing along the banks. I am thinking of renting a bass boat for a couple of days instead, and maybe taking a guided trip.

Branson is just 15 minutes from Table Rock so the wife will be doing some shopping and of course we will catch some shows. Any recommendations for Branson shows?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News