ADVERTISEMENT

Midnight yell practice.....

mikey888

Known Member
Aug 21, 2011
This idea of having the midnight yell practice on our state house steps is down right disrespectful. We have no problem with y'all having the midnight yell practice but just not on the state house steps. If this does happen things will seriously get out of hand. Y'all need to rethink the location.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

And I thought yall were about class. Thats the rumor anyway. Have your yell practice but the building representing the heart of our state is not the right place to have it.

Originally posted by carolinascooter:
And I thought yall were about class. Thats the rumor anyway. Have your yell practice but the building representing the heart of our state is not the right place to have it.
It's sports Cooter. Please stop pretending this is like something more than it is. Our people have the challenge of picking a public that is easy to find and logistically easy for our people to get in and out of. Don't be dumbasses and start shit for no reason

Originally posted by mikey888:
This idea of having the midnight yell practice on our state house steps is down right disrespectful. We have no problem with y'all having the midnight yell practice but just not on the state house steps. If this does happen things will seriously get out of hand. Y'all need to rethink the location.
Get over yourself. How is it disrespectful?

Originally posted by carolinascooter:
Done it at other state capitals and they didn't act like little girls about it!

lolz at "getting out of hand".

Da fuk yall gone do?

well within our rights. Its in the geneva convention

I thought this was satire at first. Then I realized people are seriously upset about this. Wow...

Why don't you go fvck yourself Mikey?

The state house does seem like an odd place for yell practice. To bad they wont be heard the next night in the stadium

I too have a problem with it being at our state house.

There are plenty of other landmarks. A lot of us take pride in our state and this is disrespectful. You guys have chosen a location that is the government center of our State and the symbol of our State's sovereignty.

This is OUR[/B] state house. Not yours. I don't have a problem with the tradition, the location of said tradition is another story.

You guys wanna yell, go to the Colonial Center or something like that. Our State House is not the place for that.

As for the other comments. It's rather disrespectful to tell visiting members to your site to go "fvck yourself". All of us came here showing respect and decency given that we're visitors and this is how you welcome people?

Originally posted by The SC Joker:
I too have a problem with it being at our state house.

There are plenty of other landmarks. A lot of us take pride in our state and this is disrespectful. You guys have chosen a location that is the government center of our State and the symbol of our State's sovereignty.

This is OUR[/B] state house. Not yours. I don't have a problem with the tradition, the location of said tradition is another story.

You guys wanna yell, go to the Colonial Center or something like that. Our State House is not the place for that.

As for the other comments. It's rather disrespectful to tell visiting members to your site to go "fvck yourself". All of us came here showing respect and decency given that we're visitors and this is how you welcome people?
No one takes more pride in their state than Texans. Y'all are welcome to hold a rally or something at ours. It doesn't take away from how awesome ours is if y'all meet there. You haven't been on Rivals long I can see and tell. People talk shit all the time. Lighten up.
This post was edited on 8/11 12:17 PM by 1968fan

Good grief!

If you good folks wanted to come over here and start a pre-game smackdown flamefest, why not just do it. You don't need to bring that lame stuff about Aggies having Midnight Yell on your state house steps to have one. I seriously doubt anyone here is part of organizing the Midnight Yell Practice in SC.

Here's to a competitive and entertaining game between two great schools and football programs!

When asked of the pending invasion of Aggie faithful and their planned annexation of the Carolina State House my response is.....

Sir, we shall give them the bayonet!

Well, you guys seem to need help determining where the state house is located in Alabama and Mississippi

Miss St- yell practice north of jackson in the
Ridgeland area, just north of Jackson, MS.
Southern Ag Credit Headquarters. Ag Credi Headquarters, that makes sense

SMU TBD

Alabama
Friday, Oct. 17 - [/I]Midnight Yell Practice
[/B]Chewy's Birmingham
216 Summit Blvd.
Birmingham, Alabama 35243.

Auburn
SandBAR
355 Coosa St.
Montgomery, AL.

I played my high school football in Texas, so I'm well aware of the pride you guys have in your state etc., You may not know this but we are every bit as proud of our state. We were one of the 13 colonies, we were the first state that twice stood up to a large federal government over steppinig it's authority (John C Calhoun was the father of seccession and we actually attempted this prior to The War until Jackson used the treat of force to keep us in the Union).

It was a South Carolinian that commanded the Alamo, it was a South Carolinian that was sent for help and returned to fight at the Alamo.

We continue to stand alone or with few on many issues, and that's okay with us. We are a small state in both size and population, but a state that has produced many wonderful and accomplished citizens.

The state house you want to hold your yell practice on has bronze stars in her structure noting where shells fired by Sherman hit the building during his attack of the city. The grounds you will walk on were burned barren during his occupation and destruction of the city. The fields you will see were once salted by his troops to prevent future crop growth after they plundered the land and people.

More battles were fought in South Carolina during the American Revolution that all other colonies combined. If you watched The Patriot you saw life here during The Revolution, it was filmed here and based on the battles of Camden, Kings Mountian, and Cowpens, the turning point of the war in The South. After Cowpens Cornwallis was forced to retreat and headed to Yorktown and eventual surrender.

We survived British occupation, Federal occupation and reconstruction. The oldest European settlement in the nation was here. St. Augustine, Florida not it is the oldest permanent settlement, but they were here in Port Royal first. Our Indians and bugs drove them out.

Your group could easily hold your yell on the steps of the colonial arena with ample parking and 1/2 mile from the state house grounds. Plenty of steps there for your gathering. No, you chose the state house to be provocative, boisterous, and lets call it like it is, Texan.

I love your tradition, but doing this on our state house steps is disrespectful to us and bound to lead to problems. Your rivalry with texas is civil, our rivalry with clemson is far form civil. If you are allowed to hold practice on the satte house I can assure you Thursday will be anything but civil for your visitng fans, and I'm okay with that.

FYI I will be hosting 4 A&M alum at my tailgate on Thursday.

Who cares? It's a strange location to do it but whatever... Most of the other Gamecocks will be in the Vista waiting on them to get done to have them join us for a beer.

As long as they don't trash the grounds and damage anything, shouldn't be a big deal....

Umm, you said the magic words. That sucks for you. ADIOS!
This post was edited on 8/14 9:04 PM by Chile Pequin

Originally posted by Cheap Shot:
What time is everyone getting there? I'm in!
Getting beat up on the Jawja boards so you decided to come over here?
smokin.r191677.gif

Much rather y'all have the midnight yell @ our state house in Topeka!

Ain't been the same without ya!

& WE ARE the

CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

The question is where will you have your Midnight Cry Thursday night? Seriously, I think the whole thing is funny. If you win, it will be a cheer you will all remember. If you lose, we'll have a good laugh in Columbia. Cuts both ways.

Originally posted by JoBangles:

Da fuk yall gone do?

Just wait and see. I fear for your people's safety.

Da fuk yall gone do?

What we gone do? whip ur arse.

Originally posted by vehemon:

Who cares? It's a strange location to do it but whatever... Most of the other Gamecocks will be in the Vista waiting on them to get done to have them join us for a beer.

As long as they don't trash the grounds and damage anything, shouldn't be a big deal....
X2. The Vista is 2 blocks away or less. Stop by there before and after for a beer or dinner and have fun. Come to Gamecock Village before the game.
"Located across from Williams-Brice Stadium inside Gamecock Park,
Gamecock Village will open 4 hours prior to kickoff. Attractions include
live entertainment, interactive games, sponsor displays and appearances
by the Carolina cheerleaders and band."
Link for gameday info.

This post was edited on 8/17 10:12 AM by lakemurraycock1

Originally posted by Chile Pequin:

Originally posted by TrailerParkBoy:

Da fuk yall gone do?

Just wait and see. I fear for your people's safety.
ec
I'm just giving y'all shit. My close friend is an Aggie. Have fun in Columbia, it's not a bad little city. There are a ton of places in 5 points and the Vista where y'all can have a blast. Just don't get too rowdy in 5 points because CPD is bad. If you fart the wrong way you'll get a "Failure to comply with city ordinance" charge and spend the night in Alvin S. Glenn DC. Good luck!

This idea of having the midnight yell practice on our state house steps is down right disrespectful.
I lived in Columbia when I was in fifth through eighth grades. The steps of your sacred Capitol were the setting for weekly rallies by the Ku Klux Klan. And most of the members of the Legislature were stump-jumping crypto-Nazis. I doubt that Midnight Yell Practice will detract from the building's illustrious history.

"
It's sports Cooter. Please stop pretending this is like something more than it is. Our people have the challenge of picking a public that is easy to find and logistically easy for our people to get in and out of. Don't be dumbasses and start shit for no reason"

That's complete BS. The Colonial Center is just down the street from the state house and has large parking areas. The state house doe snot have parking areas for ease of access. You Texans want to do this at our state house to be provocative, why the hell can't you admit to it? You are not doing this in Montgomery nor Jackson on those road trips this year, but you are holding your yell practice in those cities, just not at the state house.

The colonial center has steps out front so you guys can grab ass, hold hands, and watch the milk men in white uniforms do their thing.

Would be nice to see some of you Aggies admit that you selected our state house for the obvious reason of wanting to be smart asses and stir the pot. Now we know why Jim Bowie wanted to cut and run and Col Travis from South Carolina made the stand, he had the courage to call it like it is.

This post was edited on 8/20 8:58 AM by gamecocks44

"weekly rallies by the klan" my ass!

Now you guys want to play the race card? Let's see you have Rep Shelia Jackson Lee, we have Senator Tim Scott, that's right, the only state with a black Senator. You corps looks very integrated, not!

Benedict and Allen are colleges near the state house, all black colleges I might add. They might see your "yell practice" as a Texas Klan rally and get involved. I'll start emailing thier fraternities today.

Now go huddle up and try again.

Originally posted by gamecocks44:

Now you guys want to play the race card? Let's see you have Rep Shelia Jackson Lee, we have Senator Tim Scott, that's right, the only state with a black Senator. You corps looks very integrated, not!

Benedict and Allen are colleges near the state house, all black colleges I might add. They might see your "yell practice" as a Texas Klan rally and get involved. I'll start emailing thier fraternities today.

happy0005.r191677.gif

I got a lot less problem with what football fans do on the steps every other year than I do what the trash inside does on a daily basis. That help? Welcome to South Carolina. Go Cocks.

Originally posted by gamecocks44:

Idiot Sheila Jackson Lee and idiot Tim Scott are both irrelevant to your Capitol's long history of hosting Klan rallies. The fact that a couple of your segregated colleges for black people are close to Klan Central is also irrelevant.

Maybe space in a logic class will open up for you this fall.

Here's a nice photo of another group hosted not long ago by your fine Capitol.

SouthCarolinaCapitolNazis_zps222a85cd.jpg

While the Ku Kluxers and neo-Nazis of the Palmetto Bug State may regard holding a college pep rally on their old stomping grounds as disrespectful, most normal people would regard it as a bit of an improvement.

This post was edited on 8/21 1:31 AM by Battalion Ex

Batalion, that is a fake picture you posted but you probably already know it. I just want your fellow Aggies to know you are posting phony stuff to try and paint a very bad image of our people.

I personally have no problem with the Aggie rally , however, I cannot say what the street reaction will be that night. Here's hoping all will be fine.

Originally posted by MANAFOLD:

Batalion, that is a fake picture you posted but you probably already know it. I just want your fellow Aggies to know you are posting phony stuff to try and paint a very bad image of our people.
Yes, it's a fake photo from a newspaper.

And here's a fake video of the event: Nazis at the Statehouse.

Anyone who's interested can find plenty of photos and videos of the Nazi rally at the websites of newspapers and TV stations in South Carolina.

Sieg Heil, y'all!

The irony, you trash South carolina yet your sig is the navy jack, you do know the history of the navy jack and the gadsen flag don't you? Then again maybe not, hell you guys think Travis was a texican.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT