ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Breyer Retiring

If someone says they're going to appoint a black woman then there will be a question. If they just appointed someone who happened to be a black woman it would probably play out a little better. I don't care what someone is except that the right tries to hire people that interpret the consititution and the left appoints activists. That's why you see Roberts and Kavanaugh and even Gorsuch side with the left on some things but rarely the other way around.
Biden already pledged same during the campaign. Not a damn thing wrong with that preference as long as they're QUALIFIED. Republicans will be crickets cause it won't change the balance of the court and they think good behavior will be rewarded in November.
So, it's all set up for the Dems to get a confirmation. It should be easy.
But they can't stand prosperity. They'll push the edge of the envelope too far again. So, imo, their far-left faction will probably show up touting some marxist academic with a nose-ring, turban and swastika tattoo. I have confidence in their ability to screw up a lay-up given half a chance.

Reactions: darterbury
Actually, I meant incorrect.

But you'd be incorrect yourself since Reid did blow up the filibuster despite warnings to the contrary. He crossed that Rubicon and McConnell just followed.

To say otherwise or express any sort of outrage is tribalist absurdity.

Reactions: superag1000
it will be a black chic with a di*k and purple hair just to fit in. You will be labeled and cancelled if you vote against they/them.

Given their last pick was Sotomayor, who just proved in the OSHA case she has no idea what the constitution says or how authority to govern is determined under it, the bar is pretty low for Democrats.
^^^^ you already have lowered the bar so low with appointing Sotomayor that I believe even Merrick Garland could overcome the litmus test most GOPers would pose. I mean Sotomayor demonstrated complete stupidity, again.

If the best candidate is a black woman half (or more) of the country won’t believe it.
Why should anybody believe it? When you announce the candidate will fit a preferred racial and gender profile, that cuts the eligible field significantly.

Loretta Lynch fits the profile and is due for being a good soldier for the Clintons.

Why should anybody believe it? When you announce the candidate will fit a preferred racial and gender profile, that cuts the eligible field significantly.
If we are being honest, announced or not the response will be the same.

If we are being honest, announced or not the response will be the same.
Not for the most single important person in this process....her. She will at points question did I get the position because I was the best overall choice or because I was the best black female choice. Happens a lot with people that affirmative action has helped.

And it’s unconstitutional. He’s breaking the law, again.

And it’s unconstitutional for him to reset the gender and race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT