ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny and Jameis

Nole3324

Known Member
Dec 3, 2012
I know this may be a stretch, but I am seeking advice from the only source that has been in our shoes.

I watched as the media attacked Johnny right out of town in a year he should have repeated as the Heisman trophy winner, base on his numbers. Now Jameis is being crucified by the media for any and everything. Jameis has done many immature things but nothing illegal with the exception of the crab legs. He has been punished for bad judgement in a student union meme, but the media will never be happy or let it go.

With all that said is there anything that can be done to turn around the narrative?

At this point, I would say NO. Jameis, like Johnny, has been in the negative light for too long and too many things...whether justified or not. The best thing Jameis can do is just go play the game like he knows how to play it and try to not bring any additional attention to himself OFF THE FIELD. That's really all he can do...and should try to do.

Some members of the media SUCK and live to bring down big names in the sport. It's just the way it is these days. One (a star) has to walk a straight line and stay out of the light when not on the field of play. That's fairly difficult for a 18 - 22 year old to do...especially a stud athlete that age that's enjoying success and the limelight.

I never realized what a target Johnny had on his back until now. A&M should be very proud of his time there and you have a pretty good team right now. Good luck with the season and hope to see y'all in Dallas early next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT