ADVERTISEMENT

Is WWIII imminent?

Thoughts? Seems like there is a wee bit of tension out there right now.

Yes - and to show how ill prepared we are, our schools keep wanting to teach our kids Spanish when they should be learning Russian and Chinese.

Agree that this country does not have the stomach for it. In fact, I think we would see a significant number of people refusing to participate even if war broke out. Our standing Army and Navy are having mechanical and personnel issues along with supply issues.
Putin is not going to invade as long as the Olympics are going on. That would piss off China. I do think you could see Russia invade at some point and China invade Taiwan at the same time along with provocative actions by other countries such as Iran and Venezuela. I do not think either Russia or China want to get into an all out war but Putin seems to have changed. He is building a huge palace and bunker on the Black Sea. He makes references to Stalin already owned these companies (i.e. they belong to Russia). His secret police are getting stronger and bolder. Their defense industry is full steam ahead to build ships, subs, missiles, and aircraft. They are as worried about China as anyone and that is why they cuddling up to them.

Xi of China has been increasing his powers to the point it is concerning to the Chinese. His Army sees an inevitable battle or war with the US. They are training for that war and building ships, etc. faster than the US or Russia. XI has been reigning back in the powerful with money and focusing their industry more on military spending. An economic crisis is coming in China, and Xi will either come out as the dictator or fall victim to his ego and direction. He may use a war to prop himself up.

Really depends on how many more of our enemies we can appease! That’s what we are really good at.

Agree that this country does not have the stomach for it. In fact, I think we would see a significant number of people refusing to participate even if war broke out. Our standing Army and Navy are having mechanical and personnel issues along with supply issues.
Putin is not going to invade as long as the Olympics are going on. That would piss off China. I do think you could see Russia invade at some point and China invade Taiwan at the same time along with provocative actions by other countries such as Iran and Venezuela. I do not think either Russia or China want to get into an all out war but Putin seems to have changed. He is building a huge palace and bunker on the Black Sea. He makes references to Stalin already owned these companies (i.e. they belong to Russia). His secret police are getting stronger and bolder. Their defense industry is full steam ahead to build ships, subs, missiles, and aircraft. They are as worried about China as anyone and that is why they cuddling up to them.

Xi of China has been increasing his powers to the point it is concerning to the Chinese. His Army sees an inevitable battle or war with the US. They are training for that war and building ships, etc. faster than the US or Russia. XI has been reigning back in the powerful with money and focusing their industry more on military spending. An economic crisis is coming in China, and Xi will either come out as the dictator or fall victim to his ego and direction. He may use a war to prop himself up.
Xi already is a dictator sir.

Odd, last time things were this tense, Jimmy Carter was our POTUS. After going quiet for 4 years, Russia, China, Iran and N. Korea are back on the offense.

Everyone’s economies are too intertwined. No war but a long loveless marriage where passive aggressive comments towards one another are normal.

Do we have angry, not facing each other sex? Or do we, not so quietly, jerk off in bed before they fall asleep?

You can't win the world through War, you have to win it through economics. No way Russia is doing anything but posturing right now, too much risk even for them. Putin's already the richest guy in the world, he's not that stupid.

Reactions: Huslin' One
If our Wag the Dog president wasn't trying to stir something up to deflect from his poor pole numbers maybe we wouldn't be in a mess. Pretty bad when Russia and Ukraine are both telling him to STFU.

Reactions: wick and BDB99
If China is serious about taking Taiwan, why would they not do it before Biden is out of office? The entire world knows he won’t do anything.

To be fair, not sure what he could do other than economic sanctions. We aren’t going to war with China. That’s a terrible idea.

I’m prepping my ass off and y’all ain’t getting any of my toilet paper!
Lmao

Reactions: darterbury
If our Wag the Dog president wasn't trying to stir something up to deflect from his poor pole numbers maybe we wouldn't be in a mess. Pretty bad when Russia and Ukraine are both telling him to STFU.
Is he trying to be gymnast or a stripper?? Can’t he just focus on being president?

There's a high possibility. Putin has painted himself into a corner by threatening to invade by positioning troops on Ukraine's borders. If he backs down without a major concession from NATO, he loses face at home. Maybe even gets replaced in a coup. If he invades, he risks starting WWIII in Europe, that could lead to a nuclear war, destroying the planet. China likely would end up the dominant power of what is left, if they don't get drawn into it. Not a a great outlook for the short term.

I told y’all in 2016 Hillary scared the shit out of me as she was dead set on a war with Russia over Syria. Now Biden a year in, what’s happening? Four years of lies about Russian collusion to amp up and change what we’re anti-imperialist liberals into authoritarian war hawks ready for war with Russia over the Ukraine? And why? Who is pulling the strings here?

I mean shit, our ‘intelligence’ agencies are just making shit up expecting us to believe it. Folks aren’t buying it after the last two years of jumping the shark. First the fake dossier, then lying about the laptop, to calling concerned parents terrorists, they’ve lost all credibility. Even the press is pushing back.

Hold on weapons of mass destruction was a lie as well that led us to war. Follow history and you will see. Hell if we go to war I am sure the Proud Boys and the white nationalist would be the first to sign up since they practiced preparing for last January. For the Russians I presume.
War isn’t happening. Russia needs Europe to export oil and gas . They need the world to feed them.
Not that simple but close

Reactions: Scout59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT