ADVERTISEMENT

In a bit of trouble, need help if possible

TSgt Lowe

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2009
Everyone, I’m embarrassed and mad as hell with myself right now. I received a RIF on June 01 of this year from my previous employer. Covid was driving a nail into the coffin for this company, where I was the Maintenance Manager.

Many of you may remember me and my wife from around Christmas time due to my wife being diagnosed with a crippling neurological disorder called CRPS. Well, I was on FMLA when I was terminated due to my wife being in Fayetteville, Arkansas receiving treatment at The Spero Clinic. Those 5 months of treatment plus my wife’s hotel and Airbnb costs and food wiped us out. I’d do it all again because my wife is now at home and in 90% remission from that awful disease.

Having said the above, I have applied to over 150 jobs. I have received 50+ phone interviews, follow up interviews and 30 teams and zoom interviews. I was flown to Gainesville, Georgia for a position with Reddy Ice as Plant Manager. This took 5 weeks once I applied and received a phone screen and moved through the interview process. I was severely undercut on base salary and relocation pay once I arrived back to Houston. It hurt because I had 2 other jobs I was in the hunt for but while flying and driving from Atlanta to Gainesville I had 2 other employees reaching out but I was unable to get to them before the end of the day. Those companies were Dr Pepper and Pepsi for their maintenance Manager positions. I lost 3 jobs in one instant and now I’m starting from scratch.

It’s been 3 months with no job and I’m severely disappointed in myself because my arrogance eliminated 3 jobs. The catalyst for this post came this morning when a construction planner position that I had been also in the running for the past 3 weeks decided to move with another candidate. Each one of these jobs I’m applying for have anywhere from 80-175 other applicants and I’m panicking. If anyone knows someone in the Houston area that will hire a Veteran with 15 years of maintenance and construction experience, please reach out to me. You guys have already done so much for my family so I feel like sh$& asking for more help but my email is (nathanaf2415@gmail.com). Thanks all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News