ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Recruiting

Marathonvet

New or Lurking
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2003
I’ve thought a lot about the hit to recruitment and to the roster with Elko coming in. I still believe the move to get rid of Jimbo was necessary and while Elko was not every one's first choice, hopefully this is temporary pain. Initially, I was concerned about the recruiting prowess of Jimbo and E-Rob walking out the door. But what is the true definition of "elite recruiting"? We have had some incredible recruiting classes under Jimbo. We haven't done jack shit with them. If you don’t develop the players and you can’t keep them, then is it really elite recruiting? I like Elko’s approach so far. He is re-building his relationship with the Texas HS coaches and he is recruiting the portal hard and I think he will do far better at doing more with less than Jimbo the narcissist ever could. This is the new norm. Recruit and develop “your” players and not just because they have a 5 star by their name. I am convinced we can’t be worse off and am coming around to the notion that we can only be better. I agree with Mark that, other than Walter Nolen, most of what has walked out the door through the portal doesn't really cripple us, other than depth. Hopefully we can navigate through Feb 6 with sufficient damage control and ample portal utilization and come out the other end with an opportunity to put a pretty solid product on the field next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News