ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone on here have knowledge of this public safety deal on the ballot in Frisco?

TP97

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Howdy, Ags!

I’m trying to decipher and work through the propaganda on the public safety issue on the ballot in Frisco. Proposition A and B. I know the Frisco City Council is hard core against it as evidenced by a couple of council members that I know texting me about it. “We want to keep the decision making in Frisco!” or some such sayings. Supposedly this invites outside unions into this fair burg. This is NOT what our wonderful fire fighters want here!!! Ok fine. Got it. Boo outside things!

But then these council members have a curveball thrown at them. Mark Piland, former fire chief, ran against the mayor and lost and now is running against John Keating for city council. He is all about transparency and public safety and whatnot. He is very much in favor of Prop A and B. His whole platform is based on public safety and transparency (I’ll let someone else address the Universal Theme Park ordeal) and is a huge advocate of the fire and police department. Unless he’s straight lying, both departments have endorsed him. So that pretty much contradicts what the city council (who I am not a huge fan of) is saying. It is absolutely fantastic to watch this develop. Even more so when my plan is to move out of Frisco a little over a year from now and none of it will impact me either way.

So does anyone on here have some actual facts on this deal without pushing an agenda on everyone? Would like to read that, if available. Thanks and Gig ‘em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News