ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

Simi Valley

Known Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2002
Okay I thought about this game for 3 days-after watching with my K-State son in law, before a post for the first time in a long time. By the way this post is the similar to the post after Fran & Sherman.

Defensive-Coaching (maybe it's time to let Chief bring in his own assistants)
1. Tackling, we are one of if not the worst tackling team in the NCAA...especially in the last 7 games this year, earlier it wasn't as bad...basically the backups can't tackle, or don't have the mentality to do it... (see K-State 2-3 start players & coaching as an example) or Michigan after 2 years..
*Pete Carroll brought in Rugby players to teach technique and tackling a USC to prevent injury and missed tackling...

2. Defensive line are not getting off blocks, techniques...Terrible, they look like they are being held on every play because of there inability to do this. *Randy White took Karate lessons to improve hand to hand combat skills, why not try this?*

3. Defensive backs never turn there had to look to intercept the ball, they are never in good position to intercept, much less break up the pass.. This is coaching, tired of hearing about how good Joseph is, get rid of him, he's terrible..

4. Linebackers are atrocious the only time they make a play is when there blitzing, none read and react, and even when they do the usually overrun the ball...which is all in technique..

Overall grade first 5 games (B) after D to D- minus with less talent coming back next year...outlook sketchy...

Offense-wrong hire, Mazzone has talent and speed at receiver & runs an offense that spends way too much time running sideways, and throwing to receivers who are stopped and have to catch and takeoff from a dead stop.. the routes never seem to cross or rub defenders.

1, Tired of hearing about 4-5 star receiver's that can't get open, catch, or run out of bounds 4 yards after they catch the ball every time... (Speedy Noil, RSJ, Kirk needs to get the ball where he can run, and STOP Running out of bounds) *TIME TO FIND A RECIEVERS COACH*

2. Stop throwing sideways passes where guys can't run after the catch? *see above again*

3. Running the ball when working why stop?? *goes without saying*

See post years earlier after Fran & Sherman similar (since then LSU,Bama hired Saban & have won national championships, Urban Meyer has won 2, and the Washington coach is one we tried to pluck a few years ago......Are they really trying to win??

*MAYBE IT'S TIME TO FOLLOW SNYDER AROUND AND RECRUIT THE PLAYERS HE'S AFTER THEY HAVE HEART AND DESIRE TO WIN, I don't see this out of the guys on the field, I know it's harsh but I don't see anyone but Myles Garrett who resembles anything like a Bucky Richardson, Dat Nuygen, Quinten Coryatt or others on previous teams, the KState players looked li..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News