ADVERTISEMENT

Bedtime Story #2

MichaelWard2022

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2022
I grew up in Jacksonville and the family that lived next door to us had three kids around my age but the middle one was the only boy.

We grew up playing ball in the street and running all over the neighborhood like kids did back then.

He graduated one year behind me and went to the local junior college then joined the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office as a patrolman.

Years later he became a detective and that position put him in some situations that he eventually couldn’t handle.

He busted a local businessman one night that was selling drugs out of his mom & pop jiffy food store.

The businessman / drug dealer told him if you don’t arrest me I’ll cut you in on a very lucrative opportunity.

I’ll pay you so much a week to just look the other way and let me keep dealing….. this offer was too good for my childhood neighbor to walk away from.

I don’t know how long this “deal” went on but it went on for awhile.

Not knowing any of this I ran into my old neighbor for the first time in like 40 years at a gas station one morning. He preceded to tell me how well he had done for himself financially and he had a house paid for and this car paid for and I’m like… this is weird I haven’t seen this guy in four decades and he’s telling me how successful he’s been…. As a cop?

Well two years ago I’m watching the local news and there’s my old neighbor getting arrested for murder.

So the story is one day about 20 years ago while he was skimming money from this drug dealer the drug dealer missed a payment of $30,000.

So my guy goes to the drug dealers house and brings his wife with him. There’s an argument between the two and a fight breaks out between the the men AND their wives.

When the fight is over the drug dealer is dead and my ex neighbors wife has a nasty bite on her arm from the drug dealers wife biting her during the scuffle.

Keep in mind this happened 20 years ago and at this point everyone is going about their lives like nothing happened and it’s just another cold case.

Sometime during this 20 years my old neighbor and his wife get divorce and she moves from Florida to Missouri to start a new life.

Well she decides one day two years ago to do a DNA family tree kit and her DNA gets a hit on a 20 year old murder case in Florida.

The JSO detectives fly out to Missouri unannounced to question her. They ask her why her blood is at a 20 year old murder scene in Jacksonville.

She immediately tells them she didn’t do it her ex husband did and she tells them everything and agrees to cooperate in any pending murder case against her ex husband.

Her ex husband then gets a visit at his home the next day back in Jacksonville and to his shock they tell him everything and arrest him.

He is now serving a life sentence with no chance of parole at 66 years old and an ex cop. He probably has to be pretty careful sleeping at night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News