ADVERTISEMENT

Ask A Wine Guy

Higher Authority

Gold Member
Looking for something to occupy my brain, so juice talk gets the floor. Let's go.

My bona vides: After being a longtime wine enthusiast and collector, I am also a small business owner of a small local fine wine retail shop where we stock ~200 different bottles currently as well as Texas craft beers. We are currently going thru the final process of converting our TABC license from wine & beer only to full off-premise liquor sales and local distribution to restaurants and bars.

Grape growing, winemaking, grape styles, regions, pairings, history, whatever. You guys wanna talk wine? Let's talk wine. You wanna know what it's like building a brand new retail business from scratch, setting up distributor relationships, fighting with TABC, dealing with a facilities build-out in the middle of COVID?

Ask away.

Note:
-I can only sell locally and cannot ship any drop of alcohol at all outside of delivery in a well-labeled vehicle within 2 miles of the city limits of our town. I cannot ship you alcohol. UPS, USPS, and FedEx will confiscate alcohol if you try to ship with them and they detect it since rules in Texas are pretty backwards. I could be prosecuted for bootlegging if I tried.

Reactions: hippin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News