ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody hear Phil Bennett on 790?

David123

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
talking to ND and Greg about recruiting under appreciated players and developing them into players. Dude has really done a good job at baylor with underrated talent. Sure we'd all like to get the best talent and develop them into great players but there is something to be said about the eyeball test. If they look like players on the field, they are probably good players regardless of their 40 time or size.

He went on and on about a LB he recruited out of Desoto (Spencer Taylor??) who is 5' 8" 215 who had one other offer (ULM) coming out of HS and is probably the best football player he's coached since Dat. He said Briles thought he was crazy to offer this kid when he saw him in person but trusted Bennett. Sounds a bit like when Turner wanted to offer JFF and had to talk Sherman into it.

As much as I hate baylor, Phil Bennet seems like a really good dude. Anybody on here know him personally? I saw him in the Lettermen'.s Lounge before the Miss St. game this year so he still supports the Ags, I think baylor might have been off that week or maybe they played on Thursday night?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News